faster way to get a mpi skin from a skin (1 Viewer)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi dukus,

i realy like the mpi installer,

but is there any easyer way to convert a skin into a mpi installer skin.

The way it is now i must do many steps for all paths adding and adding all files in the folders seperate.

The skins all have the same path direktories, so it will be a good thing that the mpi creator takes the original paths self. So if you will have a mpi skin, you only must chose the mainfolder.

for example:

if you will create a skin as mpi, you only say the path it is stored, like C:/Skin/Testskin

So the mpi creator does then self now the other folders for, media, tetris, animations and so on.

C:/skin/Testskin
    C:/skin/Testskin/Media
    C:/skin/Testskin/Media/Animations
    C:/skin/Testskin/Media/Tetris
    C:/skin/Testskin/Sounds

So it will be only one path to chose and one klick to get a mpi skin.

Greetings Harley

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    For me, discover type feature is not working when creating package for skin, all XML files are identified as Media and installed in a wrong folder... :confused:

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    yes, the base name is skin, but it doesn't work...

i've it stored that way:

program files ----- >
    MediaPortal ------->
    skin ----->
    My skin
    Other skin1
    Other skin2

then i select 'add folder >> discover type' and select 'My skin' as folder... all is added but no the xml files that were added as Media type...

i can get it to work editing the xmp file with notepad and correcting the wrong data... but i think that there is a bug.

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    also i've found another problem, i have a folder named 'Play' under the Animations folder that it's into Media folder, that folder it's not created when installing my MPI package and all files into Play folder are created into Animations folder...

you have said that the other issue is fixed, where can i download that new version? have you released it yet?

thanks,

another question, i've uploaded my skin as MPI package but i've noticed that it's not shown in Skins section when using MPI installer...

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom