[confirm] Fault upgrading RC3 to RC4 (1 Viewer)

ColinT

Portal Pro
January 21, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Tried an upgrade rather than clean install (W7 system) Installation apeared to crash late in the TVServer insttallation. Possibly due to my AVG virus checker cutting in at just the wrong moment. After 10 minutes of waiting I rebooted. MP tried to restart and worked with no TV as the client had not upgraraded. Re-ran the installer having to use clean install. The just installed just the TV Client.

All was finally well as an upgraded intall.

I enclose the logs, however the first TV Server insall apeared not to have written a log:(

Sorry I cannot have more evidence. Hope this helps
My previous RC1 -> upgrade had failed previosly, but had all the symptoms of a reported bug.
Thanks for a gerat app, and for all the hard work

ColinT

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Unfortunately the zip you provided doesn't have all needed logs :(

Simone

mptcs

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fault upgrading RC3 to RC4

Same here. Installation crashed during TV Server inst. Needed to uninstall the TV Engine (left all settings and database) and reinstalled the TV Server and TV Client plugin.
    Also fount no logs of the crashed installation.
    May be the still running TV Server Service caused the problem?

ColinT

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Like I said, unfortunately there was no log left from the first instalation:( I checked for one before rebooting. The logs I sent were the only ones available. Sorry.

ColinT

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Like I said, unfortunately there was no log left from the first instalation:( I checked for one before rebooting. The logs I sent were the only ones available. Sorry.

ColinT

NSIS installer always produce logs, you just may have missed them ;)

Simone

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    A similar issue happened to me when updating RC3 to RC4. It sounds a similar problem that happened to me in previous update (TV server update from RC1 to RC3 failed) and RC4 was supposed to solve it.
    So I did not stop TV Service and started updating. During the RC4 installation a windows message error was displayed, but installation seems to end ok.
    When I start PM, and go to TV section, I get the error: "TV Service connection lost". But after exiting MP and checking that TVService was running, I run TVServer configuration and closed, I run again MP and this time TV works... :mad: Unfortunately, when exiting MP, it crashed and cannot be run again. Then I run MP configuration and it said that MP is running and needs to be closed. Then closed MP configuration and I was able to run again MP. I exited it and run again, watched TV and exited ok...
    In the MP error.log I can find a message: "2010-06-05 18:20:41.526367 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TvPlugin and TvServer don't have the same version." So I think that the updating process was not able to update TVServer... again. Fortunately, this time the system was still working...
    So I think that I will uninstall TVService and install it again...

I don't know where to find NSIS installer logs, if someone could tell me I will attach them.
    I am attaching the screen capture of the error obtained during installation (the Spanish message means: "The object '/TvControl' was disconnected o it does not exist on the server").
    Also I am attaching the MP and TVServer logs directory.

Hope this helps... and if I could do anything else to help, please ask me.

chschs

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Fault upgrading RC3 to RC4

I have the same symptom.

From what I have seen is that the Client (MediaPortal) ist not updated correctly.

When I try to start MediaPortal I get the errormessage that TVServerPlugin and MediaPortal does not have same version.
    MediaPortal: 1.0.7.0
    TVServer: 1.0.8.0

Looks to me as if TVServer is older now.

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    When updating RC4 to RC5 the TVService issue did not happen. Everything was ok

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom