Feat. Req: Scripts (1 Viewer)

Sypher

Portal Member
June 13, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

First off: This is one amazing plugin! I am an addict for TV shows so it really comes in handy.
I'd love to see integration for MyEpisodes. MyEpisodes is a site where you can track all the episodes you've "acquired" or "seen".

At this moment I am using a PHP script that tags an episode as "acquired" as soon as my download is complete. I am in the process of modifying it so it can mark an episode as "seen".

In order to get this to work without human interaction - apart from occasional checking if it went all right ;) - I'd like to request a feature that triggers a script or executable.

In order to add some more automation, I'd like to propose the following options:
  • At start of episode
  • At "mark-as-watched" mark (95% default)
  • (Optional) When it reached 100%

It should also have an option to send the current filename, else it won't be any use :)

I hope this feature will be implemented.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, it would be easy to do, but I don't know, doesn't seem like anybody but you would even remotly have a use case for this. Can you think of any other uses this would enable?

If you can code it up, send a patch and if it's clean I'll commit it. Assuming you don't care about a nice gui to configure this (I'd prefer if it was hidden, easy enough to add 3 values via SQLlite browser to the db for advanced users that wanna do this), then the only file that needs changing is VideoHandler.cs.

Sypher

Portal Member
    June 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Thanks for the response.
    I am planning it to automate my "series database", which is an external website.
    But you can also do other things ofcourse. For instance deleting the episode after watching, zipping/rarring it... Moving it to an external harddisk for instance.

If you can launch an application, with parameters ofcourse, there would be a few things to do with it.

I can't use C# at the moment, it gives me strange errors.
    So I was hoping you could have a look, or someone else who can ..

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    What parameters do you need and how? Something like
    option "invoke_after_watched"
    value "d:\awesome_bat_script.bat <Episode.EpisodeFileName>" ?

I gotta clean some other stuff up first, but since it's literally about 5 loc I'll do it in the next few days if you promise to document it in the wiki. I don't want another edge-case option nobody even knows about :)

Sypher

Portal Member
    June 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The filename would be sufficient for me. I can parse it myself.
    But I think if the rest of the parameters, like season / seriesname / episodenumber would be useful for others.

If you implent the feature, I'm glad to help out on documenting it in the wiki. No problemo.

O uhm.. Do you think it'll work with the "stable" releases? The RC1-refresh i meant ;)

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Integration with MyEpisodes would be great :) That could serve as an on-line backup for the database (are there smooth ways to upgrade / migrate the DB now?)

Sypher

Portal Member
    June 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Takes a few steps back and.. *KICKS* this topic back to the attention.

I really want to have this feature, pretty please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom