Feature Request: Enable / Disable play and/or 1,2,3 keys from launching latest media (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Remove option to use 'p' / 'play' button to launch latest tv series / movie / tv recording on home screeen, but retain the useage of 1,2,3 to launch the video.

Justification: I like to use one button random music. This program will create a playlist of 100 random tracks and start playing music whenever I press the play button on the home screen.

This program can also launch custom playlists or has custom functions when pressing the 1-9 keys on the home screen also. The 1-9 keys however can not be used to launch random playlist of tracks with star rating >0. I do not use this function, but some users might like to disable the numerical keys as well.

So maybe 2 options
    1. Enable / disable use of 'p' / 'play' button to launch media on home screen
    2. Enable / disable use of 1,2,3 buttons to launch latest media on home screen

I have posted an enhancement request in the issue tracker here:
    Issue 427 - streamedmp - Enable / Disable 'play' and 1,2,3 keys from launching latest media on home screen - Project Hosting on Google Code

I assume this function is handled within streamedmp basic home .xml and not within the info service plugin.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Feature Request: Enable / Disable play and/or 1,2,3 keys from launching latest me

Yes, StreamedMP controls this functionality from our config plugin.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: Feature Request: Enable / Disable play and/or 1,2,3 keys from launching latest me

Didn't realise this option was built into StreamedMP! Would this be why I get lock-ups sometimes when I press play from the home screen? A conflict between onebuttonmusic and the latest media function?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Possibly bwg, you can try disable this behaviour from StreamedMP Settings...the whole reason why there is a setting is for one button music users.

kiwijunglist, we can consider splitting that into two settings, 1 for disable Play (Play|P buttons) Action and 1 for disable 1,2,3 (Buttons) Play action

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

cool thanks damien.

just to add, this does not cause crashes for me. If I am on screen with recent media then 'play' launchest media, if i am on screen without this then one button music takes over. It seems that streamedmp inercepts the play button before one button music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom