Feature Request: Menu Option - Mark as watched (1 Viewer)

PeterDB

Portal Member
March 28, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

My TV Series is really excellent and a perfect tool to integrate my TV series into Media Portal,

But, I would like to add a feature request, since I have already watched most of my TV series and it is easier to to manage the TV series via Media Portal itself rather than through the plugin configuration window.

Would it be possible to get the feature added for Mark as Watch as a menu option on the "right hand menu" like where you have Run Import also?

rgds, P.:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not really, as you can't invoke that menu for every item when in WideBanner mode.

Lets say you have 3 series per row, if you select the 1st series you can get menu by clicking left. On the 3rd series you can get the menu by clicking right...but on the middle series you can't.

So, the Hidden menu is more for general operations rather than context sensitive. If you were in list view then it would be possible but then it would be inconsistent.

PeterDB

Portal Member
    March 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I understand... wouldn't it just be possible to display such an option when you are in list mode?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I assume you are using a remote control, most of the time in certain menus not every button is used.

It would be nicer if MP-TVSeries can be configured to use some of those unused buttons.

For example while navigating your shows in banner, filmstrip or poster/list view the 'pause' button does not carry a function. It could then for example be configured to 'toggle' the watched status depending on where you are. If you are standing on a single episode, it would toggle that episode. Toggle being that if it is watched it goes unwatched, and if it is unwatched it goes watched.

At series and season level, perhaps it is a better idea to pop up a dialog then "Are you sure you want to mark the entire season/show as watched?", as to avoid accidents.

Unfortunatly MediaPortal does not really allow control of plugins via the Remote control configurations. It is not like you can create an event that when MP-TVSeries is active to do _____ when button _____ is pressed. But perhaps a more simplistic version of the same can be build into MP-TVSeries configuration that allows re-using existing button functions for another purpose when they normally go unused.

The Pause, Record, Rewind, Fast-Forward, Play and Stop buttons (for me at least) totally go unused while navigating MP-TVSeries to find an episode to watch. I only use the up/down/left/right arrow keys and the OK button for this, and I just tested the other buttons and they don't cause anything to happen.

So maybe food for thought to create some configuration option for MP-TVSeries where you can decide what those buttons might be used for, simelair to how almost all buttons on a remote control are configurable in MediaPortal configuration (at least my X10 based one is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom