Feature Request: Multiple Intro Videos (1 Viewer)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
Hi

I would really like it if you could specify multiple custom intro videos. For example:
1. Static video welcoming you to my theatre.
2. Dynamic video depending on audio format.
3. Dynamic video depending on video format.
4. Dynamic video informing of the age limit.

As I understand it now I can only specify one static or dynamic video or a folder where it chooses one at random.

Thanks for a great plugin :)

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I guess this answers the question that I was going to ask. Is there any consideration for this? I am a former "my movies" MCE user and it had a very nice intro movie engine; where the end-user can select a folder where your intro movies or trailers are stored. You can set the intro to play in numerical order or randomized order.

I really need to be able to play two sequential intro movies and it was a piece of cake in My Movies. Is the Dev addressing the lack of intro options? BTW, I really love the plugin, it is beautiful, speedy, and quite functional. The only thing missing is the inability to play multiple intro movies.[DOUBLEPOST=1373477456][/DOUBLEPOST]PS, The Cinema Experience for XBMC is pretty awesome too.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I guess this answers the question that I was going to ask. Is there any consideration for this? I am a former "my movies" MCE user and it had a very nice intro movie engine; where the end-user can select a folder where your intro movies or trailers are stored. You can set the intro to play in numerical order or randomized order.

I really need to be able to play two sequential intro movies and it was a piece of cake in My Movies. Is the Dev addressing the lack of intro options? BTW, I really love the plugin, it is beautiful, speedy, and quite functional. The only thing missing is the inability to play multiple intro movies.[DOUBLEPOST=1373477456][/DOUBLEPOST]PS, The Cinema Experience for XBMC is pretty awesome too.

Check the advanced settings, you can setup a trailer folder and use audiocodec and other info to play a selection of trailers. Multiple is also possible. I stopped using the feature myself, but look at wiki and settings, and you should be able to figure out a way to get what you want.

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Check the advanced settings, you can setup a trailer folder and use audiocodec and other info to play a selection of trailers. Multiple is also possible. I stopped using the feature myself, but look at wiki and settings, and you should be able to figure out a way to get what you want.

I will give it a go, thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can intro video = video playlist file?

Then you can do

c:\intro\{$audiocodec}.{$videocodec}.{$videoresolution}.{$certification}.playlist

Then create a playlist for every combination pointing to your selection of videos for each parameter. (I can't remember playlist extension ;) )

Omar1925

Portal Member
    December 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Philippine Philippine
    has anyone actually tried this? help please[DOUBLEPOST=1451129209][/DOUBLEPOST]
    As I understand it now I can only specify one static or dynamic video or a folder where it chooses one at random.

how can i do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom