Feature Request: Multiple logo themes (1 Viewer)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Inker, I was wondering if some how you could impliment multiple logo set support.
    A lot of skins (well all four of mine anyway :p) have custom logo for use in MP-TVSeries, there are also three different colour schemes in the original pack.
    What I propose is that there are a few folders with identical named logos using different colour schemes and we are able to configure MP-TVSeries to uses the logos in a specific folder depending on what skin is currently used.

I see this in the mediaportal.xml ;)
    Code:
      <section name="skin">
        [B]<entry name="name">Monochrome</entry>[/B]
        <entry name="language">English</entry>
      </section>

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Good idea, but I think it can be done relatively easy and only requires the user to define one thing (untested).

Go to formatting rules, create a new virtual field <Series.LogoTheme> format as "Monochrome" (has to be series.something I think)

Change you're logorules to have dynamic filenames, like so: c:\logos\<Series.LogoTheme>\720p.png but keep the rules.

Put you're logo files into
    c:\logos\Monochrome\ (or whatever) and
    c:\logos\Indigo\

It doesn't automatically switch between skins, but at least you don't have to copy your png files or change all your logo rules. Then you can easily switch between Logo Themes by simple changing the one FormattingRule.

I could relatively easily make a field <Skin> or something evaluate the skin names, but it requires hard code and with formatting rules the very idea was to get rid of such kind of "special things", so if the above works I'd like to keep it this way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom