Feature Request: Offline Import (1 Viewer)

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This may be possible in the current version of MyTVSeries, but if it is, I don't see anything about it.

Given that thetvdb.com goes down much more regularly than any of us would like, it would be great if MyTVSeries could just automatically import non-identified series, using the standard parsing rules to create an entry on the main plugin page in MP with blank banners\posters\whatever. At the moment, mine *will* do this for episodes if the series already exists in the database, but if it doesn't, that show won't show up on the list of available series.

(For example, "The Prisoner (2009)", which began airing over the weekend while thetvdb.com was unavailable for scraping, refuses to get imported in any way, even if I attempt to manually import it.)

The scraper info and images are all part of what makes MP, and this plugin, awesome - but at the end of the day, the most important thing in my mind is that it gives me access to my media with a minimum of hassle. Since we can't always rely on thetvdb.com being up and running, it would be nice to have a backup means of getting shows imported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom