[Feature Request] Secondary Sort option (1 Viewer)

Bobalicious

Portal Member
June 28, 2009
Hi guys,

First of all great plugin. Certainly the best i have seen. Great work.

Just a request if i may. Is it possible to add a secondary filter in an upcoming release?

Ie under filtering:

Sort by:

Year in ascending then by alphabetical.

or

Year in ascending then by score.

So you can show movies all made in 2009 with the highest scores first..

etc..

What are your thoughts?

cheers

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think this might be less valuable after 0.8 comes out with proper filtering and categories, but I think we'd be willing to consider the change. It would not be too complicated as far as coding goes. My only concern is overly complicating the user interface. I think this would be a nice feature to have but I can't think of a strait forward and no nonsense way to present the option to the user. If you feel strongly about this, go ahead and create an enhancement request on our issue tracker. But I think before we would implement something like this we would need a solid plan of how to add this to the UI without confusing the user.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Going further with this. Would it be possible to implement a secondary sort functions for movies that start with the same words? That way for instance the Harry Potter series could be secondary sorted on year and show up in the correct order in your list. I know you can so this inside the plugin settings and that not all movie series follow the rule that they start with the same words, but it would be nice that for some movie franchise it would do it automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom