Feature requests/suggestions (2 Viewers)

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Here's a couple of features/bug fixes I think should be incorporated into MediaPortal 1.1 release...

1. an option to resize a window keeping aspect ratio rather than having to guess or at least something in the options menu to display the window at 50%/75%/100% or 1024x576 / 1280 x 720 / 640 x 480 etc
2. when going from full screen to window mode it should keep aspect ratio. It defaults to 4:3 all the time at the moment. Even if the option to resize to skins aspect is selected.
3. when going from full screen to window mode or vice versa video/tv should keep playing rather than going back to the last menu and stopping the current media
4. i personally think a much nicer theme should be the default such as StreamedMP or similar. The default looks horrible (sorry), and I also think it puts people off. If you compare the screenshots of XBMC to MediaPortal what would you go for?!

XBMC -> Skins | XBMC
MediaPortal -> MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MediaPortal Screenshot Gallery

I think MediaPortal is great by the way! I think the first 2 suggestions should definatley be in an app designed for playing your media. Having to resize your window all the time depending on aspect is quite irritating even if it is designed to be full screen most of the time its nice to view your media in the correct sized window.

Keep up the good work!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

One thing that has fustrated me for some time (might be me doing it wrong) is to do with scanning for new channels (DVBS)

I have spent quite a while editing the channels to set the required channel numbers (the detected channels numbers - which are set when scanned, are not "correct" for the UK). But each time I scan for channels (to detect any new ones), all the edited/updated config for the existing channels is over written by the new scan.

I would like a way of confirming which updates/additions of new/changed channels I accept before they are committed. Or maybe a way of just scanning for new channels (a new channel may be identified by a its frequency, networkid, lnb, etc - but not its channel number!)

Many thanks,

J.

ps - Keep up the great work :D
    pss - I know I could export and potentially reimport each time, but it gets messy

RivaSA

Portal Member
    June 24, 2009
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I installed the new rc1 last night with win 7 x64 and my codec settings are all over the place again. Do you think it would be a good idea to be able to test the codec settings within the configure screen? I was thinking of linking particular files and testing to see if they play properly? Any one have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom