feature requests: tagging and rating movies yourself (1 Viewer)

r_a_s_robin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2008
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First of all, i have to say this is a great plugin! It makes Media Portal look even better then it already did with all the great skins around. Forgive me if i'm asking too much right now. I guess de developers are busy enough, but hey, i can try right?

:D

When i started using this plugin, i noticed one problem quite fast. There is no way to browse through different folders. If you select multiple folders to search through, MoPi just puts all the movies on one page :(

I came up with a solution that might be a great feature for MoPi:
    How about a way to create tags, and being able to add those tags to movies?

Instead of my different folders right now:
    /SD
    /720p
    /imdb top 250
    /imdb bottom 100

I could tag movies with: 'sd', '720p' '1080p', 'imdb top250', 'imdb bottom100', 'cartoons', 'disney', etc!
    And when i'm browsing the movies in MiPo, i should be able to filter with those tags.

Next feature suggestion:
    Rating movies after i've watched them. Besides an IMDB rating, an own rating would be nice as well.

One more feature suggestion (i guess this one is easy to realize):
    2 new buttons when clicking the (i) on the MCE remote:
    - play random movie (just like the tvseries plugin)
    - play random unwatched movie

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    +1 to this idea.

I think tagging would be great. I don't care much for the Genres that IMDB assign to most movies. I prefer to split my Horror movies up into sub-genres like Slasher, Ghost story, etc.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The base for a personal rating is already in the code (part of the profile system) but hasn't been properly implemented yet.

The tagging (or labeling) is part of my personal design notes on the filtering system (Issue #38). It iosn't mentioned in the actual issue but it will be considered in the design process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom