Feature Requests (1 Viewer)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
InfoService feature request
Please post here your feature request for InfoService. I'm and SilentExeception are open to all new ideas, so feel free to post your ideas here ;)

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

it's possible to add, before "Show this feed on startup", a radio button with a "Show always this feed" option ?

Currently Infoservice show the last read feed.

But I would like the opportunity to read any feed and, when I return to the home menu, always show a feed that I specified in the setup (typically a breaking-news feed).

Please see on the bottom a possible (and crude) example...

Best regards,
    xavier.

Attachments

• Sample.JPG
      Sample.JPG
      82.5 KB

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Feature Requests

I think there should be another option to set the feed which is should after an update. So you can change the feed which should be showed on startup to your breaking news feed and you can change the feed which is showed after an update to your breaking news feed. Then you have the same results as your example and it's consistent to the other options.
    Should be no problem to add, so this will be added to the next version ;)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Infoservice lists the article headline and summary, selecting an article seems to just reload the screen. I'd like to see a pop up appear with the full article when a headline is selected (like MyNews does).

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi cheezey!

Selecting the item should open the item URL in defined web browser (WebBrowser, GeckoBrowser or some other, using MultiShortcut plugin for example..). If that doesn't succeed you have that "reload screen" effect. You probably don't have any of the supported browsers installed.

I don't know if text transcript of HTML page (like MyNews) is good idea, but it's possible.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Request: Battery Percentage

I also use MP with my 13.3" laptop while getting back home from work on the bus. And I sometimes need to be able to see the remaining battery percentage (and duration left if possible). If these properties would be added to InfoService, skin makers (at least Tgx - BlackGlass/Nova) could show these properties - if they are available (which is for laptop users running on battery) - on Home Screen, video OSD etc...

:D in advance...

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: Request: Battery Percentage

I also use MP with my 13.3" laptop while getting back home from work on the bus. And I sometimes need to be able to see the remaining battery percentage (and duration left if possible). If these properties would be added to InfoService, skin makers (at least Tgx - BlackGlass/Nova) could show these properties - if they are available (which is for laptop users running on battery) - on Home Screen, video OSD etc...

:D in advance...

I think this is better suited for HTPCInfo plugin, if it doesn't already support it?

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    HTPCInfo is really heavy & cumbersome for my taste. It also occurred to me that HTPCInfo might be better place for this, but everyone has their reasons :D I'm aware that not every feature request here would see the light of day.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Feature Request - New email notification

The plugin polls a pop3 client at a user defined interval to check if there are any unread messages are in the account. In the home screen (or any other screen) we see a little icon pop up if there are unread emails, the icon disappears if the next pop3 poll shows there are no unread messages. I would specifically like this to work for gmail (because i use gmail). If possible there could be an additional control that has contains the # of unread messages

Additional options (that i personally would not desire) might include
    Multiple email accounts
    One control which tells the skin if there are any unread emails
    Additional control for each email address, so if supported by the skin, you get a different icon depending on how many unread messages.
    A control that contains all the unread email titles in a single text string that could display like a ticker if desired in the skin.

Users who are viewing this thread