Feature suggestions (1 Viewer)

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

Being a recent user, there are a few thing I think needs fixing, or I would like to see in the future.

First:
    The skin is somewhat broken when running in 1360x768 mode, this does not only apply for this plugin, but it would be nice to see someone who published .xml files that is designed for 1360x768 aswell as 1366x768. As for now, I'll just have to edit the files manually.

Second:
    I would simply love to have the possibilty to choose my movies from a Share point of view. I have some movies in both HD and non-HD and have sorted them in folders accordingly. It also takes quite a while to browse through a "big" database (I only have 450 movies, and it takes an awful amount of time, even when jumping pages). This could easily be resolved by adding the possibilty to view movies by Shares.

Third:
    Another missing feature, to be able to jump to movies according to keypresses. What I mean about this is that I want to be able to press the 'A' button on my keyboard, and the browser will jump to the first movie that starts on 'A'. In a perfect world, it would be possible to use the NumPad on my Remote like an SMS mode. Example, one press on the '1' key would give 'A', two presses would give 'B' etc.

Don't take me wrong, I love this plug-in :D

Just wanted to give my suggestions for what could make this even better ;)

Thanks a lot for all your efforts on doing this!:D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You're aware of the SMS-style filtering (already working) you can use with your remote, right? For example typing 2, 3, 4 would bring up all the movies where the combination of abc, def, ghi is available.

Emph

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes, I noticed somethings were happening when I pressed a button on the keypad, but I could not decide what exactly was happening.

Thanks a lot for the information :)

Mutly

Portal Member
    November 16, 2005
    Sorting

Gidday,

Hi!
    Second:
    I would simply love to have the possibilty to choose my movies from a Share point of view. I have some movies in both HD and non-HD and have sorted them in folders accordingly. It also takes quite a while to browse through a "big" database (I only have 450 movies, and it takes an awful amount of time, even when jumping pages). This could easily be resolved by adding the possibilty to view movies by Shares.

I would also find this a great feature. I have well over 500 movies, all sorted into folders based on genre. It would be nice to have a top level folder/share browe option (as I can do with the MyVideos). I don't really want my children hving to browsing through the horror/thriller movies to get to their cartoons.

Cheers,

Matthew

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think i have responded already to your requests on the issue tracker Zappza, but just to be complete. ;) Sorry for some of this I am goiong to cut and paste...

1360x768 Support (Issue #258):
    Well there are two forms of the generic skin, one meant to support traditional 4x3
    televisions (480p) and the other to support HDTVs, 720p and 1080p resolution (both
    with an aspect ratio of 16x9). 1366x768 is a common native resolution for HDTVs and
    also has an aspect ration of 16x9, so the 16x9 skin works for it as well.

As for 1360x768, as far as I know this is a non-standard resolution (and is not
    listed on Wikipedia on their page of common resolutions).
    More importantly it does not fit into either the 16x9 or 4x3 ratio, which are by far
    the two most common types of televisions. If there is a large demand for this, we may
    consider creating a third generic skin supporting this aspect ratio, but as of now I
    think we will not be taking action on this as there are not enough users that would
    benefit. Sorry. :(

Shares Navigation (Issue #38):
    This will be possible with the Filtering system that we will be implementing in 0.8. So yes we are aware there is significant demand for this and we will be getting it implemented.

Jump to Movie By Letter:
    This is something that is already implemented and will be available in the next release. it is however integrated with the remote control filtering functionality so we will have to see what sort of reception we get. If people still ask for something keyboard based, we may do further work. This is (among other things) is covered under Issue #190 though. Like I said some of it is already implemented, hopefully armandp will post later today to clarify what will and will not be in 0.7, since this is a feature that he has been working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom