Feature suggestions (1 Viewer)

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Feature suggestions:

How about additional search options??

I currently use NZB-TV as my NZB-Tivo... but it does not integrate well with searching online for episode lists. You seem to have overcome that hurdle. If you could make it search based on specific options like NZB-
TV does (file size, language, subtitles/none, etc.) and possibly take it a step further and automatically add and download missing episodes, that would be amazing

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Re: mpNZB v1.3 (NZB Downloader) (Updated 17-12-2009)

Feature suggestions:

How about additional search options??

I currently use NZB-TV as my NZB-Tivo... but it does not integrate well with searching online for episode lists. You seem to have overcome that hurdle. If you could make it search based on specific options like NZB-
TV does (file size, language, subtitles/none, etc.) and possibly take it a step further and automatically add and download missing episodes, that would be amazing

Could you explain to me what NZB-TV/NZB-Tivo is and maybe some links to it. Also I currently have the options for multiply custom search URL's so you could have a special search that always searches for files of a certain size, etc.

As far as the automatic downloading goes, it's a good idea but tricky. MP-TVSeries where I get my missing episode data from indexes every missing show, including dvd extra's with season #'s like 0x56 and stuff, never really posted that way online. So it would have my plug-in searching a lot of useless stuff all the time. That and my plug-in would need to be running all the time for that to work.

I think you would be better off just setting up a RSS feed to be monitored in SABnzbd with all your favorite shows already in it. That's what I do using the MyTvNZBrss site.

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

It can best be explained if you check out the app:

Strawberry Stronghold :)

Allows you to set subscriptions for programs, along with a myriad of options on what format, resolution, language, etc. you want them in, then it will go out and automatically download missing episodes of that program for you.

--------------

Question about the RSS feeds... is there any way to track quality or make sure you get English/no subtitles?? That is the big reason I really enjoy NZB-TV

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada

It can best be explained if you check out the app:

Strawberry Stronghold :)

Allows you to set subscriptions for programs, along with a myriad of options on what format, resolution, language, etc. you want them in, then it will go out and automatically download missing episodes of that program for you.

--------------

Question about the RSS feeds... is there any way to track quality or make sure you get English/no subtitles?? That is the big reason I really enjoy NZB-TV

Well if your using Newzbin then it has information that you can check before downloading. Also you can make special searches with Newzbin and use those isntead of the "Default" search feed.

As far as auto downloading NZB's, it seems like this program already does a good job, my plug-in is more for functionality of SABnzbd while inside MediaPortal.

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

I am using Newzbin... but it is still sort of annoying to have to look at the info for every screen to see if it is in the correct language.

I don't understand the special searches option... is there a way to enter in a search, so that it only searches for items that are in a specific language??

Is it possible to add a feature so that on the download confirmation screen it automatically shows you the NZB information, instead of having to take a few extra steps to view that info before deciding to download?

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada

I am using Newzbin... but it is still sort of annoying to have to look at the info for every screen to see if it is in the correct language.

I don't understand the special searches option... is there a way to enter in a search, so that it only searches for items that are in a specific language??

Is it possible to add a feature so that on the download confirmation screen it automatically shows you the NZB information, instead of having to take a few extra steps to view that info before deciding to download?

I like your idea of putting the information in the download confirmation box, I think I might just do that. As for special searches, I am referring to Newzbin's My Searches. Check there site for more info, and check here for how to add it to mpNZB.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
The problem with adding that information to the download box is that Yes/No boxes in MP only take a few lines. Not enough to fit much useful information.

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
It seems like the custom searches are specific searches that you can run over and over... I am looking more for a way to filter searches whenever I do a keyword search, and I think it would be very useful.

Some ideas for filters: audio languange, subtitle language, video format.

Is this something that isn't possible within the framework you are using?

BTW, I LOVE the new suggestions feature. Great job on the plugin, it is working great.

[UPDATE] I actually figured out out to do the filter option myself using newzbin's advanced search and then selecting the filtered options I want and then using that as my search string in the sites.xml file.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
It seems like the custom searches are specific searches that you can run over and over... I am looking more for a way to filter searches whenever I do a keyword search, and I think it would be very useful.

Some ideas for filters: audio languange, subtitle language, video format.

Is this something that isn't possible within the framework you are using?

BTW, I LOVE the new suggestions feature. Great job on the plugin, it is working great.

[UPDATE] I actually figured out out to do the filter option myself using newzbin's advanced search and then selecting the filtered options I want and then using that as my search string in the sites.xml file.

Good to hear you figured it out. What you did is exactly what I was going to suggest. I am glad you like the suggestion feature. I thought it was a pretty neat feature also, as I never know what I wanna search for anymore.

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
[..]
I second that! I often found myself having the 'problem' of not knowing what to download (ouch, that sounds spoilt :oops:). The suggestion feature is THE solution for that. I've got a feature request to improve it even further:
Could you add the possibility to retrieve imdb info when a suggestion is selected? I think the imdb-retrieving code and skin .xmls could be be borrowed from moving pictures...
Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom