Features for MP-TV Series 2.0 :) (1 Viewer)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So... here my wishes for the next release... (No... not for 1.0, inker... ;))

• Select language before the first setup (so you could set the according fields like interface language, views and so on before loading the setup)
    • Autoselect aired / DVD order (for full automated import)
    • Checkboxes for which banners to load (english, localized, blank)
    • Customizable view
    • An option to show original titles of series/episodes for translated ones
    • To be continued... ;)

Best regards
    G.B. Wolf

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    So... here my wishes for the next release... (No... not for 1.0, inker... ;))

• [1]Select language before the first setup (so you could set the according fields like interface language, views and so on before loading the setup)
      [2]Autoselect aired / DVD order (for full automated import)
      [3]Checkboxes for which banners to load (english, localized, blank)
      [4]Customizable view
      [5]An option to show original titles of series/episodes for translated ones
      [6]To be continued... ;)

Best regards
    G.B. Wolf

1) I don't get what good that's supposed to do unless you want a localised configuration (which I will def. NOT do)
    2) How? Unless I get the Episode title and compare what makes sense....this will be a pain
    3) You can load blank banners optionally already, and english and localised always. Pls describe a scenario where this would be useful.
    4) I know, def. planned
    5) Like that one
    6) I'm sure it will be :)

Inker
    PS: I'm laying back for a bit, but *shhhh* a new dev might help out soon ;-) At least I hope so.

runarius

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I got a little feature request. Sometimes when I am viewing a serie, I just stop the playback of an episode right in the middle and thinking I will continue watching it later. But the thing is, when I get back a day later to watch it, it is set to already viewed, but I haven't seen the whole episode. What I would really like is is if the episode is 'Watched', and I have seen less than 95% of it(normally never watch the last 5% since it only has the credits), then it would not be faded as normal watched-episodes when viewing the episode list, it would show up as 'unwatched'. That would be very nice.

I was trying to get a temporary solution for this by just adding a logo rule, but that seemed impossible to get to work, since it doesn't support basic math. this is the logorule I tried:

Code:
    C:\00.jpg;-;<Episode.StopTime>/(<Episode.localPlaytime>/1000/60);-;<=;-;0.95;-;AND;-;<Episode.StopTime>/(<Episode.localPlaytime>/1000/60)
    ;-;>;-;0;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;

It would be quite useful if the logorules supported math. Might be it does, maybe I'm just being stupid.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it possible to have the unwatched number of episodes be the number of episodes that are unwatched out of those that you actually have?

Currently I download the details for whole series at a time rather than for individual episodes as I get them. For example, I might have 2 of the 11 series of Amazing Race, but I download the details for all 11 series should I get other ones at another time.

If there are details for 11 episodes of a series and I have 8 but haven't watched 4 is it possible to have the unwatched episodes listed as 4 rather than 7 (4 unwatched and 3 that I don't have)?
    Perhaps there is a way to do it currently, I'm not sure.

Hopefully I've made sense... :)

sdalberg

Portal Member
    March 31, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My vote is for a feature that is already in the works, which is the "newzbin this" feature. Since zap2it is gimping out on us, I'm thinking Usenet is the safer more reliable method of getting programs rather than relying on a web scraping app...

(and I know about the torrent this stuff, but I don't torrent...)

To be honest, I'd settle for a standalone app that did this, but as part TV-Series, it would be a slam dunk.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I got a little feature request. Sometimes when I am viewing a serie, I just stop the playback of an episode right in the middle and thinking I will continue watching it later. But the thing is, when I get back a day later to watch it, it is set to already viewed, but I haven't seen the whole episode. What I would really like is is if the episode is 'Watched', and I have seen less than 95% of it(normally never watch the last 5% since it only has the credits), then it would not be faded as normal watched-episodes when viewing the episode list, it would show up as 'unwatched'. That would be very nice.

That's a good suggestion and something I too have thought about before. Just never got around to doing it.

And no, the logos don't support any math, they are pretty stupid actually. If I'm not totally mistaken (been a while since I tried) you can't even compare two fields. Try something like:
    If <Series.Genre> = <Series.Genre>
    ;-)

Is it possible to have the unwatched number of episodes be the number of episodes that are unwatched out of those that you actually have?

Currently I download the details for whole series at a time rather than for individual episodes as I get them. For example, I might have 2 of the 11 series of Amazing Race, but I download the details for all 11 series should I get other ones at another time.

If there are details for 11 episodes of a series and I have 8 but haven't watched 4 is it possible to have the unwatched episodes listed as 4 rather than 7 (4 unwatched and 3 that I don't have)?
    Perhaps there is a way to do it currently, I'm not sure.

It should behave this way if the setting "show only episodes with a local file" is on. No? And where/how do you see Unwatched episodes in respect with this question?

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1) I don't get what good that's supposed to do unless you want a localised configuration (which I will def. NOT do)
    2) How? Unless I get the Episode title and compare what makes sense....this will be a pain
    3) You can load blank banners optionally already, and english and localised always. Pls describe a scenario where this would be useful.
    4) I know, def. planned
    5) Like that one

Inker
    PS: I'm laying back for a bit, but *shhhh* a new dev might help out soon ;-) At least I hope so.
    1) Just adding some comfort ;). You could preset the options for fetching localized data and the language and you could load the translated views.
    2) Ahh... didn't got the point that it depends of the user's file. Just thought about a checkbox which order the users prefers and this would be selected. But this would only work if you use the same ordering for all your files and not mix it up.
    3) Wasn't a (french?) guy around here who requested to be able not to load the english banners? Therefore I thought a simple selection with 3 checkboxes would be the most variable solution.
    4) ;)
    5) I like the way zebons MyFilms solves this. :)
    6) :D

Best regards
    G.B.

nylonhof

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    4) I know, def. planned
    5) Like that one

Inker
    3) Wasn't a (french?) guy around here who requested to be able not to load the english banners? Therefore I thought a simple selection with 3 checkboxes would be the most variable solution.

Best regards
    G.B.

I am German! :)

And the idea was to load the information in English unless the show is a German original (like Edel & Starck or Berlin, Berlin).

Regards,
    nylonhof

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    And the idea was to load the information in English unless the show is a German original (like Edel & Starck or Berlin, Berlin).

Regards,
    nylonhof

I see. The question is how do I know it's a german original? There is no Country field. Also, the Edel&Strack entry on the DB is wrong, it's info is in german but under the english language (may I assume you did that so you would get the behaviour you want?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom