high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We've (all credits go to infinityloop) added a new structure to the forum to include the upcoming (no, not today ;) ) MP2 preview. This needed also some reorganization to the existing structure so please take a minute to get familiar with it.

Please post feedback or missing/broken things in this thread. Many thanks in advance.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Well i like the new forum layout, just need to read it & find my way around a couple of times ;)
    Easier to find sub paths too, great work....

Regards
    Roy

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I was just on the edge of my seat when I saw the new forum structure (MPII). Now that I saw this post, I might just as well relax again :)

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looks good this way. There's a LOT of information in the forum and this seems like it makes it a little bit easier to navigate. Thanks to the both of you!

BillyGates

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Well I'll be the first to say I really don't like the new format at all.

There's way too many sub-forums, and maybe I don't know how to use the tools correctly :) ... but I really don't like navigating through a bunch of sub-forums to see if there's any tips or help I can give in areas.

Unfortunately as a result, being a casual MP user... I use to just browse the main help forum maybe once a day but now because it's so difficult to navigate I've been avoiding the forums completely...

Just my 2c :(

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately as a result, being a casual MP user... I use to just browse the main help forum maybe once a day but now because it's so difficult to navigate I've been avoiding the forums completely...

Well if you can't find your way now (with less subforums) then there are two alternatives:

1. Either you get familar with the special forum functions like the new thread feature above. Or new threads of the present day in english

If this still has too much info:

2. Just use a RSS reader (Firefox? / netvibes?) to read this feed

BillyGates

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for that link! I'll have to Bookmark the 'New Threads'.

I did check out the RSS feed... but I couldn't understand why this thread (for example) wasn't listing on it... so I figured it was only for new threads?

But that 'New Threads' link is great to 'flatten' out the forums which is what I prefer.

Thanks for the great support! :)

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I like the new structure, easier to find the correct forum for your thread. The way it where it was very hard for new people to figure out where to post problems and questions. I almost always use the new post thingy anyways tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom