Feedback on 1.2 music changes (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This thread is for any feedback (good or bad) on the music changes in 1.2

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

I have a problem with the new playlist behaviour:

When I select "Play Mode" the played track is put into an empty playlist instead of being played where I selected it. I thought this would behave as in previous mp-versions.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have a problem with the new playlist behaviour:

When I select "Play Mode" the played track is put into an empty playlist instead of being played where I selected it. I thought this would behave as in previous mp-versions.
    Not quite sure what you are saying. In play mode the selected track will get played straight away. What exactly is different?

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The difference is that the track gets played in a playlist and not in the folder where I selected it (e.g. in an album folder).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

The problem still remains. No matter what I choose on the dropdown the current track is always transferred into the playlist when I press Play.

In older mp versions the playlist was left untouched when I played a track and I could add it manually to the playlist.

Is there a way to get this behaviour back?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

The problem still remains. No matter what I choose on the dropdown the current track is always transferred into the playlist when I press Play.

In older mp versions the playlist was left untouched when I played a track and I could add it manually to the playlist.

Is there a way to get this behaviour back?

OK you are talking about the track actually being added to the playlist. Previously there were some odd things that would happen and it was inconsistent when a track was added to the playlist. Also this is meant to be the current playlist but would often not show what was playing making it hard to add tracks to the playlist.

Play Music 1.2 - MediaPortal Wiki

Explains the settings. I am curious though as to why you do you want the track added to the playlist?

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

I am curious though as to why you do you want the track added to the playlist?

This is how I filled a playlist with previous versions:

I look through my collection, play some tracks (often I don't know how the track sounds) and when I like the track I add it to the current playlist. When there are enough tracks in the playlist I switch to the playlist and play it.

I simply want to listen to some tracks and keep the current playlist untouched until I decide to add some more tracks or not. Sometimes I even want to listen to an entire album and keep the current playlist untouched too.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Ok sorry no. This is no longer possible. The playlist is the current playlist. I will look at multiple playlists but that will not be until 1.3.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Ok sorry no. This is no longer possible. The playlist is the current playlist. I will look at multiple playlists but that will not be until 1.3.

Thanks for the answer, I already thought so :(

I will try to live with it as I like a lot of the other new stuff in 1.2.0 beta.

Users who are viewing this thread