Feedback on new design for mpNZB (1 Viewer)

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well having everything in list view will let me assign more information to them, such as having descriptions for movie suggestions. But how to display it, I have no idea. I would take any suggestions.

bonaparty

Portal Member
February 8, 2006
Re: This plugin is awesome!

Hi,

I made a first concept screen this evening (I live in Europe ;)). I only did the 'FEEDS' screen as I am not sure whether this is the kind of help you're thinking of. If you use this setup you could easily switch between different feeds and/or different categories. (by using the arrowkeys or ESC).

Let me know what you think...

BParty

Attachments

• concept-art-02_1366x768.png
    concept-art-02_1366x768.png
    739.6 KB

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada

I like it. I have no idea how to make the skin xml for it though. What do other people think?

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

I think it looks great. ! would be even more great as a streamedmp skin :p hehe But it is looking good :)

bonaparty

Portal Member
    February 8, 2006

Maybe we should open a new topic to get some more feedback? I don't think the current title ("This plugin is awesome!") will get many hits :)

My suggestion for a new topic:"Feedback needed on new Interaction Design for mpNZB"

Grtz,
    BParty

bonaparty

Portal Member
    February 8, 2006

I like it. I have no idea how to make the skin xml for it though.

Yesterday I looked at the tutorial for making skinfiles here on the MPforum in an effort to be of more assistance but the mpnzb.xml contains so little information. I did not realize that most of the programming is not in the .xml file.
    Next I looked at the GUIDEMOCONTROL plugin but I did not see any kind of expandable menu functionality that my design needs. Now I'm at a loss. :) Remember, I'm not a programmer. Just a graphic designer and usability consultant.

Is this just not possible in MP? (I mean, the three interactive columns in my design).

Grtz,
    BParty

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I like it. I have no idea how to make the skin xml for it though.

Yesterday I looked at the tutorial for making skinfiles here on the MPforum in an effort to be of more assistance but the mpnzb.xml contains so little information. I did not realize that most of the programming is not in the .xml file.
    Next I looked at the GUIDEMOCONTROL plugin but I did not see any kind of expandable menu functionality that my design needs. Now I'm at a loss. :) Remember, I'm not a programmer. Just a graphic designer and usability consultant.

Is this just not possible in MP? (I mean, the three interactive columns in my design).

Grtz,
    BParty

I am not sure if its possible or not. It would look cool but I don't know how to do it. The skin I currently have for mpNZB is really simple and I mostly just copied it from someone else and changed a few parts of it. Either way I am in no rush for a redesign. The plugin changes won't happen for a bit anyway.

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    MrTrix: My guess is that if you made a post in the StreamedMP subforum (or other desired skin integration) seeking to find help for integrating your plugin, that you would find a few talented coders willing to work with you to (or even completely handle) integrating mpNZB with the hooks necessary for skinning.

They already have plenty of experience with IMDB, fanart, icons based on types, and all the other things you are looking to get integrated.

I wish I had any idea how to code, so I could be of more help, but I think that would be a good start if I were you.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MrTrix: My guess is that if you made a post in the StreamedMP subforum (or other desired skin integration) seeking to find help for integrating your plugin, that you would find a few talented coders willing to work with you to (or even completely handle) integrating mpNZB with the hooks necessary for skinning.

They already have plenty of experience with IMDB, fanart, icons based on types, and all the other things you are looking to get integrated.

I wish I had any idea how to code, so I could be of more help, but I think that would be a good start if I were you.

That's a good idea. I am in the process of changing jobs but once that is all figured out and I have time to work on the code I will probably do something like that. I may try and think up a design myself first so I can show them were I want to take the plugin. Right now its a jumble of ideas in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread