FFdshow control plugin? (1 Viewer)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's a great MCE plugin, but I think the reason it took time is because it took a lot of work ...

We could make one for MediaPortal, in fact it's on my todo list ... which is as long as my arm ...

The problem is finding someone who's interested and has the time.

It might just end up being one of those really cool things that never gets done because we can't get anyone to do it...

But hopefully not.

Anyone want to take up the challenge?

Cheers,

dzynz

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Understood. I'd love to help, but I have no programming chops. I'd be willing to contribute (donate) to a project if it was legit, however.

Edit. I think if we could just have something that allows for audio/subtitle switching to start that would be huge. Most of the other options don't need to be messed with on the fly.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    you should be able to achieve that with windows messages directed at ffdshow ... I have a plugin that can do that.

Another user has prepared some commands for my plugin, you should be able to find them by searching the forums for ffdshow AND macro.

If you're interested then take a look at IR Server Suite.

It's not made for that purpose, but you should be able to get it to do what you want.

Cheers,

dzynz

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Interesting. I'm not sure I understand, however. I'm quite the newb, it seems. What steps would I need to take to set this up?

Thanks!

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    indeed subtitle enable and disable would be the most usefull.

i have subtitles enabled and sometimes i prefer not having them on certain series of movies.

my vote for that, hopefully someone can implement it, even if its just the subtitle part.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Also the possibility to adjust ffdshow's Picture Properties would be very useful as there is no way to change contrast, brightness and gamma in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread