ffdshow+DirectVobSub with embedded subtitles (mp4 AVC) (1 Viewer)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
    Windows Version: XP SP2

Good Morning,

I want to use embedded subtitles in MP (from h.264 videos, converted with Nero Recode 2 from DVD). I have ffdshow, Haali media splitter and vobsub installed.

Playing with normal mediaplayer classic I can use the embedded subtitle (tray shows ffdshow filter and haali splitter is running, with rightclick on it I can activate/deactivate the subs)

Playing within MP I can use the embedded sub if I use VobSub as postprocess filter (autoload version always on configured)

If I use postprocessing with ffdshow raw video filter additional to VobSub (I correct black level problem with it + resize), the subs disappear

The same combination with WindowsMediaplayer10 works (I can filter with ffdshow, and show subs with vobsub).

It looks like ffdshow raw filter does not like VobSub inside MP (I played around with prioroty of filters, activation of vsub in ffdshow etc no help). But I don´t want to abandon ffdsow raw filter because of my black level problem...

Maybe someone can give me a hint what is wrong! I read all posts about this but no further help found. :D

Edit: I´ve found one solution / workaround trying long enough: I have to use ffdshow decoder to decode h264 and let do my filtering (resize, levels and denoise/sharpen) by it and use only one postprocess filter: VobSub. But I would have preferred PowerDVD h264 decoder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom