ffdshow/Haali (1 Viewer)

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Just a quick question regarding these two codecs.

With ffdshow installed.. will MediaPortal play x264 or does only Haali play x264?

Or do I need both installed?

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    FFDShow will decode x264, but if it is in a .mkv (Matroska) container you need Haali.

IOW:
    FFDShow --> decoder
    Haali ---> Media Splitter

x264 --> encoding type
    Matroska (.mkv9 ---> container ("several files - audio+video (like x264)+? - wrapped togheter")

It's early, but I hope that made sence :)

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    So will I need to install both ffdshow and Haali or just Haali.

The file types that I will be viewing are: XviD, DivX (AVI) and x264 mkv. Maybe even ISO's.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    I'd say there are two good alternatives:

1: FFDShow + Haali + VobSub(subs) (+ optional DXVA decoder like CyberLink)

Easier way:

2: SAF

3. alternative (just in case I-loop reads this :p) Drop FFDShow and use DivX etc. + Haali etc.

Using alt 1 ATM, but cinsidering making the switch to SAF

(Btw: I updated first post)

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    In the post for SAF it says I have to install Haali?

EDIT - If I choose option one is it best to install them before I install MediaPortal or after?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I installed ffdshow and Haali and .mkv isnt playing it MediaPortal?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    Got logs?

Btw: You did ofc select a HD decoder in config?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I'll get my logs up ASAP.

When you say HD decoder do you mean the H.264 spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see joecrow's results. The video 1080x1920.mp4 is played correctly, the video 1920x1080-mux.mp4 is not. It is rotated but the resolution is not correct. I've attached 6 screenshots, 3 with EVR and 3 with MadVR...
    Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see...
    Hello, I noticed that videos 1080 * 1920 px are often played incorrectly in Mediaportal-Videos. I have attached 3 videos, which are...
    Replies
    Views
    Unfortunately although the fix has sorted out video replay correctly after a refresh rate change, I am still having problems with audio playback. Please refer to this thread. MediaPortal 1 - No audio and crashing with Intel Integrated Graphics
    Unfortunately although the fix has sorted out video replay correctly after a refresh rate change, I am still having problems with...
    Can someone please take a look at the attached logs. This is driving me insane! I have MadVr and LAV set up on same computer in...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Thanks for your feedback!
    I'm not sure exactly when this started, I've been dealing with it for a while until I had time to troubleshoot it. I'm pretty sure...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I am having trouble playing 4k UHD Videos with MediaPortal. The Video is working fine in VLC or even Windows Media Player without MP. However, MediaPortal gives me a black screen and Audio only. Already installed the latest (Nightly) LAV Filters. 1080p Videos with the same code work without issues. Any ideas? MediaPortal...
    Hello, I am having trouble playing 4k UHD Videos with MediaPortal. The Video is working fine in VLC or even Windows Media Player...
    Hello, I am having trouble playing 4k UHD Videos with MediaPortal. The Video is working fine in VLC or even Windows Media Player...
    Replies
    Views
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom