ffdshow/Haali (1 Viewer)

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Just a quick question regarding these two codecs.

With ffdshow installed.. will MediaPortal play x264 or does only Haali play x264?

Or do I need both installed?

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    FFDShow will decode x264, but if it is in a .mkv (Matroska) container you need Haali.

IOW:
    FFDShow --> decoder
    Haali ---> Media Splitter

x264 --> encoding type
    Matroska (.mkv9 ---> container ("several files - audio+video (like x264)+? - wrapped togheter")

It's early, but I hope that made sence :)

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    So will I need to install both ffdshow and Haali or just Haali.

The file types that I will be viewing are: XviD, DivX (AVI) and x264 mkv. Maybe even ISO's.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'd say there are two good alternatives:

1: FFDShow + Haali + VobSub(subs) (+ optional DXVA decoder like CyberLink)

Easier way:

2: SAF

3. alternative (just in case I-loop reads this :p) Drop FFDShow and use DivX etc. + Haali etc.

Using alt 1 ATM, but cinsidering making the switch to SAF

(Btw: I updated first post)

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    In the post for SAF it says I have to install Haali?

EDIT - If I choose option one is it best to install them before I install MediaPortal or after?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I installed ffdshow and Haali and .mkv isnt playing it MediaPortal?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Got logs?

Btw: You did ofc select a HD decoder in config?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I'll get my logs up ASAP.

When you say HD decoder do you mean the H.264 spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 New 2.4 install wont show video/tv DE
    Hi ge2301 I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos' still didnt play. But the client attached to the server OK and can do everything except play TV programs (and videos) - the screen with the player controls loads (and fade away as normal after 10s) just...
    Hi ge2301 I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos'...
    Hi i just upgraded my motherboard and drive and installed a replacement copy (server and client) of MP2.4. all works perfectly...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody could see I was in netherlands. I think the flag should be related to the country entered and shown ;)
    Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody...
    Hi, Everyone in MP land. A few days ago, I was quietly thinking how reliable my MP2 HTPC has been over the last 18months. Well you...
    Replies
    Views
    Yep like said @azzuro (y) @Media4Franky look at the signature to point to wiki help :)
    Yep like said @azzuro (y) @Media4Franky look at the signature to point to wiki help :)
    Hello, I’ve got the following problem with Mediaportal 1 („The Phantom Menace“): when trying to view TV or movies, there is no...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos prior to the menu. Then, when it comes to display the menu, MediaPortal crashes. I'm using Windows 7 on a fresh installation and with all the updates available applied to the system. Windows shows a...
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 No video. DE
    Probably there is a conflict with other LAV versions. You may uninstall MP2 once and afterwards remove (backup) all settings in “/Program Data/Team MediaPortal/“. E.g. moving them to desktop. Then try reinstalling MP2.
    Probably there is a conflict with other LAV versions. You may uninstall MP2 once and afterwards remove (backup) all settings in...
    I've just installed Portal 2 (never having used, nor installed Portal 1 before). I ran the TV setup, It found the channels I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom