ffdshow not being used by internal player (1 Viewer)

rebirthflame

Portal Member
May 5, 2009
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.01
MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp
Windows Version: windows 7 RC
CPU Type: AMD 3000+
HDD:
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard:
Video Card: radeon 2600HD
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I just installed FFDshow tryouts (latest beta version) and cant seem to get ffdshow to be used as an audio or video codec, i have set them to be used in the codec settings on the internal player but the icons dont come up on the taskbar. It is working with Media player classic and im getting my audio upmixed to 5.1 but this isnt the case inside mediaportal and i cant see any other settings to change this.

Domini0n

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Try to set AAC to real/audio decoder. I found that my AC3Filter wasn't being used unless I set the AAC to real/audio decoder. If u use the MPA decoder for AAC it will ignore any settings from you AC3 audio setting. I'm still trying to figure out whether this is an MP bug or something else... looks like an MP bug though.

Hope it helps...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Might be also worthwhile looking at shark007's website for his codec pack for win7, anyone reading this it also applies to Vista\xp.

The main reason this beat's anything out there, is it allows all the supplied features to work fully with windows, even down to creating thumbnails for the OS correctly (multiple audio tracks in file is the exception, subs are fine).

rebirthflame

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    ok i downloaded sharkys codec pack and im still gettting the same problem here is a screencap of my video player settings.

Untitled-3.png

@dominion i tried what you said too and that didnt work either

here are my ffdshow audio settings, set to upmix to center and surround so everything should be working as i said it worlks in media player classic so i cant see what the problem is with mediaportal

Untitled-4.png

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    At the top right corner of mp config you have the option to switch to advanced... do that and you will see an additional option for the MPC-MPA decoder for audio. You can select to decode to 5.1... try that.

Domini0n

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    rebirthflame, did you get this working in the end?

I found that the mcdu thinger didn't work for me on the 32bit win7 and MP (and others) would continue using the WMF filters that come with win7.
    The only way i could find to get around this was the fild the dll files for the offending filters (which i got using graphstudio) and then renaming them.
    Off the top of my head they were something like mp3dec.dll and mpeg4s.dll in the windows/system32 folder.

Once they'd gone MP picked up ffdshow nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom