FFDshow tve3 support (1 Viewer)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
is there any support for the FFDshow in the TVE3 yet?? some people here on the forum has, as me got the issues with mediaportal hooking up when changing channels

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello KoktGrus,

the TV-codec has nothing to do with your choice of using the Server or not. The codec just interpretes the picture which must be decoded, no matter what its source is. I am, however, decoding the picture from TVE3 with the ffdshow codec ;)

-level20peon

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ok... witch version do you use? I can decode everything else, except for the tve3 (client)... When chaning channel the picture freezes for about 30 seconds....

edit..

And it works witch all my other codecs, like pure video for an example, but i need ffdshow, because of the upscaling-feature...

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i've installed this version now... the picture gets just great, but when i try to change channel it hooks up... after one or two seconds i get the sound, after about 10 seconds i get the picture, that's speeding up to sync with the sound, then it works as it should...

the channelchanging is as you can see not smooth =/

do you have any else mpeg2-codecs installed? witch mpeg2-decoder have you set in ffdshow? libmpeg2 or the other one? witch other settings do you use? are you really sure that ffdshow is your preferred mpeg2-decoder? do you get the tray-icon when watching tv??

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FFdShow is the ONLY codec I have installed so I am 100% sure that this is the one I am decoding every format with ;). I don't see a tray icon because I am running MediaPortal in fullscreen mode only.

If you have had any other codecs installed and even if you properly deinstalled them it is possible that there are fragments left which are causing problems. The only way to be sure is to do a clean install of windows and MediaPortal.

Make sure that you select "Do not limit" during installation of ffdshow for video AND audio to ensure that the codec is used within MediaPortal. Also make sure to klick on "decode the following video formats with ffdshow" AND "decode the following audio formats with ffdshow". To answer your other question: "libmpeg2" is automatically chosen this way.

-level20peon

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK... i'll try to do a clean install of windows then =/ (i hate doing this ;), but it can be worth it =))

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure that you select "Do not limit" during installation of ffdshow for video AND audio to ensure that the codec is used within MediaPortal. Also make sure to klick on "decode the following video formats with ffdshow" AND "decode the following audio formats with ffdshow". To answer your other question: "libmpeg2" is automatically chosen this way.

Have you followed these instructions ? Which error occurrs ?

-level20peon

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Have you followed these instructions ? Which error occurrs ?

-level20peon

yes... latest svn... has done exactly as your instructions says...

what drivers do you have for your graphics-card?

Users who are viewing this thread