Fiber channel card giveaway (1 Viewer)

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My work let me grab these instead of dumping them, and I offer them to anyone here for free. I kicked them around for a while, hoping to put them to use, and while I still think it would be cool to run some fiber in the house, I have serious doubts about whether the wife would feel that the money had been well spent. You might consider this before asking for them too.

2 PCI-X (note: do not confuse with PCIe) Intel Pro 1000 F Fibre Channel network adapters; Dell shipped; model numbers a30480-002 and 055hhp will provide relevant results.

Kamikaze

November 12, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
:eek:

Hi Marshall,
I'm interested in getting my hands on those fibre channel cards you have.
I'm running a recycled IBM Fast200 for video storage and this unit supports fiber channel connections. I have an extra workstation (pci-x, 33/66mhz & 32/64bit) I'd like to use as a TV Server and a quick fiber channel link to the storage would be awesome !!!
I live in Canada, Qc
Thanks !!!!

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Kamikaze,

Sorry, but someone asked for them just a few hours before you, via PM. (I would have put up a note, but didn't log in to see either message till after both).

I hope you are able to get your setup working though.

- Marshall

Kamikaze

November 12, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thats allright, thanks anyways.
It's really great what you're doing with your extra parts and the support for the forum.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom