File Explorer skinfile

Discussion in 'Black & White 1080p' started by bloasfist, May 1, 2009.

1. bloasfist

bloasfist Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Because File explorer has more options (delete, rename, folder support and more) than my explorer i decided to switch to this plugin. It's old, but it works like a charm. Besides, my explorer isn't maintained to well either.
    I made a b&w skin for it (see attached files). Note: i didn't alter the explorer_dialog.xml, explorer_modulepreview.xml and explorer_musicpreview.xml (yet).

I have one question about my skinning: in the explorer_textpreview.xml window, i cannot see the overlay windows (media playing in the lower left corner and topbar), but they are functional (when i click on the region where it should be mediaportal does react (e.g. switch to the video in full screen)). It seems that the overlay windows are 'behind' te common.window and common.panel layers or something... What am i doing wrong here??

I was able to make the topbar show, by simply using <import>topbar.xml</import>, but this is more of a workaround.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SilentException
    • Team MediaPortal

SilentException Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 0
    Home Country:
    Croatia Croatia
    huh i've been "sitting" on a file explorer sin file myself, never got around to polish it.. i like how you done some things, here is a screenshot of what i've got so far.. maybe we can mix out the best elements of both and then i'll add it to google code..

btw, try playing with these tags for topbar/overlay window
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
    <disabletopbar>no</disabletopbar>

4. bloasfist

bloasfist Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess you forgot to attach a screenshot of your version :p

Btw: i already tried the tags you mentioned, somehow the do have effect in the main screen, but not in the file preview screen.... Weird huh?

5. SilentException
    • Team MediaPortal

SilentException Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 0
    Home Country:
    Croatia Croatia
    yeah, forgot screenshot :)

Attached Files:

• 03-22-10.jpg
      03-22-10.jpg
      File size:
      165.3 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 2, 2009
      Views:
  6. bloasfist

bloasfist Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I love the item attributes windows on the bottom of your skin! This must definately be incorporated (haven't seen referrals to this in the original skin...).
    I'd suggest the following, but feel free to give comments; it's just my opinion:
    • background based on my version (split window with two tabs for left and right menu).
    • add one attribute window. Just one window on the right instead of two that gives info of the current file/folder no matter wether you are in the left or right menu. That way there is still room for the overlay window with video/visualisation on the left side.
    • add the gear image in the tabs in front of the words 'left menu'/'right menu'.
    • get lost of the 'folder:' prefix in the path label like you did in your version of the skin. My preference is to keep the path label where it's positioned in my version of the skin (below the list). The path label itself should start scrolling when it becomes too long however (in my version it has no max length yet).

I have an extra feature request as well, because i wouldn't know how to do this myself: to have a button somewhere which makes the file menu appear. I'm using a touchscreen, so having to use a right mouse button is not an option. The source of the plugin is available, so this might be possible...
    This goes for more plugins/parts of MP, but one's got to start somewhere ;)

7. thesystemera

thesystemera Portal Pro

Audio Engineer, Media Guru
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you guys know if there is a streamedMP version of this skin...? Thanks

8. thesystemera

thesystemera Portal Pro

Audio Engineer, Media Guru
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey are you guys having any trouble running this plugin on 1.01... Seem to be missing my left hand menu.. ? Very strange, so need a file like plugin.. Need it to go with My Torrents :D

9. bloasfist

bloasfist Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It works for me (have been using it in versions 1.0, 1.01 and 1.02). No problems at all...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!