Final MP 1.1 support for Blu-ray subtitles? Getting desperate before feature freeze

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by jonaskp, September 28, 2009.

1. jonaskp

jonaskp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    So, I have ripped my Blu-rays to .iso format. I would like to play these, using MediaPortal. I can play them by mounting the .iso and actually play them using the internal player (through MovingPictures). My problem is that I can't get subtitles working - the list with all the subtitles just contains a lot of "Undecided" tracks and none of them works. The same happens with the audio tracks (lists as "undecided"), although I can actually change the audio tracks, even though I can't see what I'm changing it too.

Now, I could live with this, since I thought that the only solution was an external player such as PowerDVD. But recently I found out, via the thread I made in MovingPictures part of the forum, that MPC-HC can play Blu-rays with full support for the subtitles and audio tracks.

As I remember, MediaPortal recently adopted MPC-HC's subtitle engine. So I don't understand why MediaPortal doesn't support this. Is it a hard fix?

The reason I ask (and wrote desperate in the title) is that MediaPortal goes into Feature Freeze on thursday. It would be absolutely amazing if support for this could be added before. Otherwise it will take a very long time before we get a stable version with support for this.

One of the reasons I think this is important, is that if this is added, MediaPortal would be the only (that I know of) of the big HTPC applications that support this. VMC still relies on external players.
    It would be a huge advantage over other HTPC applications to have support for this, in my opinion.

Is this something that can be added relatively easily? I would think, since MPC-HC's subtitles engine is already integrated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Are you using haali splitter? I think it doesn't support Blu-ray subtitles (HDMV). Nothing we can do about it (MPC-HC uses it's own internal splitter).

4. jonaskp

jonaskp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes I am using Haali. So the problem actually lies there? Interesting.

Do you have any idea if/how I could make it work in MP? Maybe using another splitter?

I am not even sure why Haali is used for splitting the Blu-ray disc. Would it be possible to make Haali not do this, and instead use something else?

Thanks for the quick response.

5. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    This might not be a viable option but I think Windows 7 has a m2ts splitter built into it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!