Find and add backgrounds to editor (1 Viewer)

leejayd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2010
    Sorry for this basic question but I'm a little stuck.

I'm looking to find images and get them loaded to the Default Background Images. Any ideas on a good website for locating images and then how can get them added to the Default Background choices?

I'm using version 1.0.3.1223 of the Streamed MP editor.

Thanks,

Lee

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry for this basic question but I'm a little stuck.

I'm looking to find images and get them loaded to the Default Background Images. Any ideas on a good website for locating images and then how can get them added to the Default Background choices?

I'm using version 1.0.3.1223 of the Streamed MP editor.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi,

Best site for HTPC images is Home Theatre Backdrops  / Home, this is the site Fanart handler users for Music Backgrounds.

For the fixed background images find the images you want and add the to the respective folders in

.../Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/skin/StreamedMP/Media/Animations

and you will then be able to select the image for each menu item via the 'Default Background Images' tab in the menueditor.

If you have enabled fanart handler for a specific menu item then copy the images into the respective directory in

.../Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/thumbs/Skin Fanart

You will then get random images for that menu item.

Hope the helps

no1bossman

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm trying to use the Fanart Handler to download images for Pictures. I currently have it configured to download images at a minimum resolution being 1920 x 1080. This includes the tick-box being enabled below. I have Pictures ticked on the Latest Media Option tab.

From the StreamedMP BasicHome Editor - BasicHome Design tab. I have Enable Fanart Handler for this item for Pictures. The default Background Images tab shows nothing as expected I would assume due to the Fanart Handler being enabled.

Is there any reason why I'm not seeing any Fanart when I browse to Pictures? Currently I'm seeing the standard bridge picture.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm trying to use the Fanart Handler to download images for Pictures. I currently have it configured to download images at a minimum resolution being 1920 x 1080. This includes the tick-box being enabled below. I have Pictures ticked on the Latest Media Option tab.

From the StreamedMP BasicHome Editor - BasicHome Design tab. I have Enable Fanart Handler for this item for Pictures. The default Background Images tab shows nothing as expected I would assume due to the Fanart Handler being enabled.

Is there any reason why I'm not seeing any Fanart when I browse to Pictures? Currently I'm seeing the standard bridge picture.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

You dont say what MP / FH versions or O/S you are using - for MP 1.2beta and FH 2.2.5.512 your pictures should be placed in the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart\UserDef\pictures if using Vista/Win7.

I have just tried this and it works, well did not work first time and need to restart MP - not sure if what the problem was there.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom