Finding Movies on IMDB (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've found two movies (so far) that aren't found when I do a search from within the MP 1.01 Config application, but are easily found by going to the IMDB web site and manually searching. Both of these movies were found when I searched from MP 1.0.

Heartbreak Ridge
Last of the Dogmen

Does anyone have any idea what is keeping MP from finding these movies on IMDB?

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    If it cannot find the movie, but you can find it on imdb, do following:
    from the link: imdb.com/title/tt0091187/
    take the tt0091187 part and use it as a string to search in mp. That should then find the needed movie.

I also suggest using MovingPictures plugin, which has built in much more intelligence into finding the correct movie automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The matching table adds flexibility, and we can use any provider for the data, or even multiple providers at once. The logic changes aren't too big either, add an internal ID, a provider, and that's about it. And at the stage of receiving information translation from one ID to another.
    The matching table adds flexibility, and we can use any provider for the data, or even multiple providers at once. The logic...
    I'm experiencing issues with My TVSeries scanning new series that aren't currently in my DB. In the popup in MePo it will say new...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried WIP 157 and these 4 movies now show up correctly. The bad news is I have a vary similar issue with one key difference I tracked down last night that WIP 157 didn't fix so expect a new thread soon.
    I tried WIP 157 and these 4 movies now show up correctly. The bad news is I have a vary similar issue with one key difference I...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.3 Description I started tracking this one down with 2.2.3 but WIP 135 is having the same issue. I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated earlier. I deleted all partitions (after taking the respective images, of course), then used Partition Master to do a surface scan, on the raw drive. As it came back with zero bad clusters, I thought it...
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated...
    This is a continuation of this thread. As I have discovered the actual (most likely) cause, I have posted to the relevant forum...
    Replies
    Views
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom