Finnish people help please (1 Viewer)

olga23

October 9, 2006
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Actually, I am dying to find somebody from Finland who is subscribed to Viasat chanels (Tv3 Danmark, TV3 Swedish, TV3 Norge, Tv 1000). As far as i could understand from the Tv-guide, these are mostly American movies and sitcoms. ARe they broadcasted in English or Scandinavian languages? Cause I am planning to subcribe to Viasat through some Finish companies, because we don not have them in Russia. Thank you very much.

Make

October 11, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
As a rule of thumb, American movies and TV shows are not dubbed in Finland or in Scandinavia generally. They are broadcasted with original audio and subtitles.

And what kind of trouble we have with DVB and those subtitles... :(

Exceptions from this rule are usually children's programs which can be dubbed but I don't know if they do that on Viasat.

peep

Portal Pro
March 1, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
If I'm not mistaken, ViaSat airs all the children-shows with several audio's aswell, they have at least swedish, finnish and english. I'm not 100 per cent sure, but I recall me visiting one of my mates who has ViaSat and he was changing the audio to english..

I'll confirm this to you later tonight...

mikethefin

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Has anyone got Viasat to work in MP? I got a Viasat subscription but cant get it to work (Has a Viaccess CI card + Viasat card + TwinhanDTV-S). Asked Viasat about it but they just told me that it cant be done... Ideas? What should I do? Sorry for my English

olga23

October 9, 2006
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Thank you everybody for your help. Dear Peep, if it is not too bothersome for you, could you also please ask your mate : what exactly channels with American movies and sitcoms does he have in Viasat; is it possible to subscribe to Finnish Viasat (or Swedish) if you are for example a citizen of Russia (or some Baltic countries). Maybe you could help me with the site of some Finnish company which install Viasat so that I could addres them. I am really sorry for my insistance, I just really do not know where to find all these answers cause most of the sites are in Scandinavian languages, which I cant speak. So, natives are my only hope. Anyway, thanks for you help.

peep

Portal Pro
March 1, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
well you can find the channels included in ViaSat Gold @ http://www.activeark.fi/viasat/index.php?sivu=8 . About where you can get it, I'm sad to say that you must have a finnish address to get ViaSat from Finland, just as you need a swedish address to get ViaSat in sweden. The only possibility to get a ViaSat card is to know someone in that country and have them sign the contract on your behalf. This is the same darn reason that I can't get a hold of a Sky card (which u have to be a citizen of the UK to get). Sorry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom