Finnish people help please

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by olga23, October 9, 2006.

1. olga23

olga23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Actually, I am dying to find somebody from Finland who is subscribed to Viasat chanels (Tv3 Danmark, TV3 Swedish, TV3 Norge, Tv 1000). As far as i could understand from the Tv-guide, these are mostly American movies and sitcoms. ARe they broadcasted in English or Scandinavian languages? Cause I am planning to subcribe to Viasat through some Finish companies, because we don not have them in Russia. Thank you very much.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JaWe

JaWe Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
  4. Make

Make New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    As a rule of thumb, American movies and TV shows are not dubbed in Finland or in Scandinavia generally. They are broadcasted with original audio and subtitles.

And what kind of trouble we have with DVB and those subtitles... :(

Exceptions from this rule are usually children's programs which can be dubbed but I don't know if they do that on Viasat.

5. peep

peep Portal Pro

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    If I'm not mistaken, ViaSat airs all the children-shows with several audio's aswell, they have at least swedish, finnish and english. I'm not 100 per cent sure, but I recall me visiting one of my mates who has ViaSat and he was changing the audio to english..

I'll confirm this to you later tonight...

6. mikethefin

mikethefin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Has anyone got Viasat to work in MP? I got a Viasat subscription but cant get it to work (Has a Viaccess CI card + Viasat card + TwinhanDTV-S). Asked Viasat about it but they just told me that it cant be done... Ideas? What should I do? Sorry for my English

7. olga23

olga23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thank you everybody for your help. Dear Peep, if it is not too bothersome for you, could you also please ask your mate : what exactly channels with American movies and sitcoms does he have in Viasat; is it possible to subscribe to Finnish Viasat (or Swedish) if you are for example a citizen of Russia (or some Baltic countries). Maybe you could help me with the site of some Finnish company which install Viasat so that I could addres them. I am really sorry for my insistance, I just really do not know where to find all these answers cause most of the sites are in Scandinavian languages, which I cant speak. So, natives are my only hope. Anyway, thanks for you help.

8. peep

peep Portal Pro

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    well you can find the channels included in ViaSat Gold @ http://www.activeark.fi/viasat/index.php?sivu=8 . About where you can get it, I'm sad to say that you must have a finnish address to get ViaSat from Finland, just as you need a swedish address to get ViaSat in sweden. The only possibility to get a ViaSat card is to know someone in that country and have them sign the contract on your behalf. This is the same darn reason that I can't get a hold of a Sky card (which u have to be a citizen of the UK to get). Sorry...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!