FIREDTV and Windows 2008 (1 Viewer)

Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

I have a FireDTV card that I have put in my lab server with windows 2008.

Drivers installes like a charm and everything looks ok under hardware but mediaportal server or the viewer program that comes with Firedtv card cant seems to find it.
Anyone else tryed this config and got some ideas about it?

/Håkan

christiand

Portal Member
December 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I just installed the RTM of windows server 2008 and am experiencing the same problem. Driver installs fine. Support tool detects everything including the cam, but mediaportal or the firedtv viewer cant find it.

arves

Portal Member
February 22, 2007
Hi,

Thinking about upgrading my Windows 2003 rig to windows 2008.. I have the same FireDTV card..

Did you add the Desktop Experience ?

.arve

christiand

Portal Member
December 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Thinking about upgrading my Windows 2003 rig to windows 2008.. I have the same FireDTV card..

.arve

Yes I installed the desktop experience. Everthing else is working fine. I installed video drivers from ATI, codecs, audio drivers etc. The Aero interface is turned on and all special effects of the aero works properly. Mediaportal plays movies and music fine. In the mediaportal config I can add my firedtv, but it keeps giving me an error and I miss the channel scan tab.

The strange thing is that the firedtv support tool reports everything as fine. I installed the cam utility of firedtv and it lets me access all the options of the cam too.

Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

.arve

Yes I installed the desktop experience. Everthing else is working fine. I installed video drivers from ATI, codecs, audio drivers etc. The Aero interface is turned on and all special effects of the aero works properly. Mediaportal plays movies and music fine. In the mediaportal config I can add my firedtv, but it keeps giving me an error and I miss the channel scan tab.

The strange thing is that the firedtv support tool reports everything as fine. I installed the cam utility of firedtv and it lets me access all the options of the cam too.

I finaly uninstalled w2008 but will do a try later on. The Fire DTV support tool reported that everything was fine for me to. FYI.

/Håkan

christiand

Portal Member
December 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Another update:
I installed directx with all the versions untill march 2008. No luck after it.

At a website I read that you should register the following vista files with regsvr32:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\Mpeg2Data.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\kstvtune.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\MSDvbNP.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\MSNP.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\VBICodec.ax
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vbisurf.ax
The problem is kstvtune.ax. It wont register. Now I read that this is the file that makes the graph.
win32 programmer directx video Build BDA Graph - Enum tuners

So if anybody can register this file without problem I think it will solve the problem.

werfman

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Answer from digital-everywhere.com

This is the answer from digital-everywhere:

there is a workaround for install the driver correctly on the Win Server 2008. But there is a problem because the 'microsoft dvbs/t/c network provider' compontents are misssing on the server. That is why the tv-devices from all manufacturers are not working.
Sorry, I have no resolution to install the mircrosoft components on the server 2008. I hope we will get soon a installation pack from mircrosoft.

kind regards,

Malle
--------------------------------------
digital everywhere Support Team

digital everywhere - digital TV cards for PC, Laptop and HTPC
digital everywhere online shop

PS: Have a look at our support page: Digital-Everywhere Support

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: LTM-450221
Department: Support Center

christiand

Portal Member
December 21, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
thank you for youre answer. Lets hope Microsoft is coming soon with an installation pack or fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom