FireDTV: problem when program switches from FTA to scrambled (1 Viewer)

flodav

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FireDTV with PowerCam
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi all,

I live in France and have access to a pay-tv called Canal+.

This channel broadcasts FTA (Free To Air) programs between 7:00pm and 8:45pm, and at 8:45pm switches back to scrambled. At this time, I only get a back screen and nothing is decoded nor recorded. This is very annoying if I want to record a program across this FTA->Scrambled area.

Does anyone have an idea how to workaround this ? It looks like PMT are not monitored continuously so scrambled data is not detected on the fly.

Thanks for your help

David

sullyvan

Portal Member
April 6, 2009
Hi,

I am in the same situation (French, floppyDTV T and powercam pro).

I see also that scrambled -> FTA broadcast has the same issue : the record stops when FTA programs start.
I think it comes from the change of codec. During FTA, broadcast is in SD MPEG-2. In scrambled part, it is in HD H264 .
In the log, I do not see that PMT has changed. I have checked all DVB table in the TV server configuration.

I will be also happy if MP team can resolve this issue. if a stream is needed for test, I suppose I can try to record one.

Ludovic

flodav

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi,

I am in the same situation (French, floppyDTV T and powercam pro).

I see also that scrambled -> FTA broadcast has the same issue : the record stops when FTA programs start.
I think it comes from the change of codec. During FTA, broadcast is in SD MPEG-2. In scrambled part, it is in HD H264 .
In the log, I do not see that PMT has changed. I have checked all DVB table in the TV server configuration.

I will be also happy if MP team can resolve this issue. if a stream is needed for test, I suppose I can try to record one.

Ludovic

I think it is due to the fact the CAM must be used to descramble data whereas in FTA time, it doesn't. The switch doesn't seem to work seamlesly because I have to perform a channel change to make it working.

sullyvan

Portal Member
April 6, 2009
Well, now, it works.

I updated floppydtv to last version.
I automatically launched commoninterface.exe (come with firedtv software).
First try with this.

But now, I use ForTheRecord (For The Record) and eveything is fine. The FTA/Scrambled switch is well managed. It creates in fact two record files (one for each part) and the biggest is only seen in Recorded program screen.

flodav

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
I think the problem is not related to "ForTheRecord".

My fireDTV is already updated to latest firmware: which version of the SW BDA driver do you use ? I think I use the latest official release and not the beta one.

I will try launching the commoninterface.exe by default.

The test I do: I watch Canal+ around 8:30pm and waits for it going to scrambled, then I got a black screen, I need to zap to recover the picture.

flodav

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
Tested again yesterday and same issues, when the channel comes from FTA to scrambled, the last picture freezes and nothing continues. I need to zap to recover.

Which logs can help you understand the problem ?

flodav

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
Can anyone from the mediaportal team look at this issue ?

This is very annoying because I cannot record a program that is at the boundary of a free/scrambled transition

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom