Firefly X10 remote doesn't work in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

ninelives

August 9, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: 2003 - SP2
CPU Type: AMD 5600+ 2.8ghz X2
TV Card: None

I just updated from MediaPortal 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.2.0 the other day and after a long series of issues I have everything but one worked out. MediaPortal is not receiving input from my firefly x10 remote. I've read all the old post and tried removing and reinstalling drivers. I found a message somewhere about manually clearing the registry and I've done that too.

Right after the update everything was fine. I was even able to get both eventghost and mediaportal working at the same time so that I could switch between MediaPortal and the new HuluDesktop software. Then I started having a problem with my remote requiring two key presses to register one on the computer. While searching and trying to fix that problem, I ended up with the computer registering 2 clicks. I've now fixed the clicking issues, the double registered click I don't remember how I solved that, but the press twice to register once of fixed using the troubleshooting in the x10receiver.net package.

Right now MediaPortal is the only thing not working properly with my remote. EventGhost, x10receiver.net and even the test program from the X10 Driver package that the MediaPortal configuration links to all show the proper key presses. 1 registered for each click of the remote. And yes I am using the linked to drivers.

I really want to get MediaPortal working again. It's the only program in it's class I like, or that works for me. Boxee isn't on windows yet, XBMC doesn't work well with my remote, and MediaPortal is the only one I know that does hardware h.264 decode via DXVA for Nvidia cards.

ninelives

August 9, 2006
Solved by self... Sorta

Well, I have ended up reformating as I don't need server anymore as I now have a drobo and don't need to use software raid. After I reformated to Vista I ended up with the same problems. I again encountered the both versions of double click, after fixing both I was again at the same point with no remote in MediaPortal. This time however I decided not to listen to the config screen and used the "Basic Firefly Drivers" from SnapStream Downloads page. After installing this all is working just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom