Fireplace plugin (1 Viewer)

piernik

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Hi,

is there a plugin which makes out of a tv a fireplace? Good quality fireplace looped movie which can be played from main menu?

If no can anyone give me link to a fireplace movie?

piernik

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
rekenaar: that vis isn't that bad :) It' wierd, and bit "cheapy" :)
rtv: Is this possible in MP to play movie in loop and play mp3 in background?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Is this possible in MP to play movie in loop and play mp3 in background?

Not possible in MediaPortal 1 to play more than one media at a time.
    And still a long time before MediaPortal 2 will be released.

larsgk12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Have not tried it, but how about using an Animated (Fireplace) GIF in Pictures? Then you can play mp3's in the background.

-L-

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Two options

1. Install Yule visulaizations for wmp, then use it as visualisation for mediaportal. This will allow you to have a fireplace and play music at the same time.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...721C82CC7D2/WinterFunPack2004forWindowsXP.msi
    there is a vista version too, just use google to find it

2. download fireplace movie -> fireplace torrent search , or use youtube and a download device
    use multishortcut to create a menu item that loads vlc
    use vlc command line switches to autoloop the movie without sound fullscreen, autostart etc...
    use shortcuter to create a shrotcut to the menu item so you can load it via your remote control
    You can have music playing in mediaportal in the background too, but i havnt figured out how to fastfwd/rewind

Is this possible in MP to play movie in loop and play mp3 in background?

It is possible to play music in mediaportal and have an external application play the movie fullscreen in a loop.

@rekenaar/tourettes: is it possible to make mediaportal rewind/fastforward when it is playing music and it is minimised

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom