Completed First build (1 Viewer)

magnush

Portal Member
September 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well, it's not 100% complete. A second harddrive and a w-is missing but it's up and running.

Chassi: Antec Fusion v1
Mobo: MSI - Socket AM2 - mATX 690G (K9AGM2-FIH) - VGA / PCI-E / Audio / Gblan
Memory: 1Gb
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz / 2x512kB Socket AM2
DVD RW: Sony NEC Optiarc Intern IDE AD-5170 DVD±RW 18x - Silver
HDD: 1x 160Gb
TV-Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
Remote: Happauge 45 button
Software: MP 0.2.2.0

magnush

Portal Member
September 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the replies guys.

The PVR worked like a charm when i realized that the audio drivers wasn't correctly installed when i installed the drivers on the CD for the motherboard. :mad:
Before that i had to return a motherboard that wasn't working :mad: :mad:

Unfortunately I'm stuck with an old fashioned 28" but when my other hobbies stops draining me on money i'll get a HD-something. ;)

My main goal with the HTPC was to replace the old VCR. No more VHS cassettes that migth or might not be ok.

dsc00373cs1.jpg

Ciruz

Portal Member
July 27, 2007
Bath City
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
That looks Great! I built my HTPC on budget but if not then that case would be mine :D

Just noticed the 2 case fans, how much noise is that chucking out?

Mark

OgdenP

Portal Pro
August 12, 2007
Home Country
Those fans are likely the same that I have in the Antec NSK2400. On their lowest setting (and they don't need to be any higher with a processor of that size), they are quite acceptably quiet.

magnush

Portal Member
September 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Those fans are likely the same that I have in the Antec NSK2400. On their lowest setting (and they don't need to be any higher with a processor of that size), they are quite acceptably quiet.

Correct. The only fan that makes some noise is the CPU fan. I'm going to disconnect it to see if the 2x120mm fans is sufficient.

The lid isn't fastened securely (i removed it for you) so some sound escapes that way and when completely finished it will be placed behind glass doors as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom