Ongoing First HTPC prodject (1 Viewer)

ferlandsen

Portal Member
August 28, 2010
Hi!

I thinking of replacing my AsRock 330HT-BD for DIY prodject. I'm going to use it for HD-tv tuning, music streaming and video streaming from internett.

I would like som coments on my setup:

Case: ANTEC HTPC FUSION REMOTE M-ATX BLACK http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTE3MQ==
PSU: COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO ATX12V 2.3 500W Cooler Master Silent Pro M 500W Power Supply Review | Unbiased Computer Hardware Reviews - ThinkComputers.org
Motherboard: MSI H67MA-E45 (B3) H67 S-1155 M-ATX MSI Global ? Mainboard - H67MA-E45 (B3)
CPU: INTEL CORE I3 2100 3.10GHZ 3MB S-1155 Intel® Core
Memory: CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 XMS3 INTEL I3/I5/I7 1333MHZ (1X4GB) Corsair XMS3 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 C9 1333MHz Memory Module
HD: INTEL X25-V 2.5" 40GB SSD SATA/300 MLC 34NM RET Intel X25-V SATA II SSD 40GB 9.5MM 2.5IN G2-ML | BruneauTech >
Blu-Ray: LG BLURAY BD-R 10X RETAIL INTERNAL BLACK LG BH10LS30 Optical Drives - 10x Internal Blu-ray Disc Rewriter - LG Electronics US
DVB-C Tuner: TERRATEC CINERGY C HD DVB-C TerraTec - Products - TV - Cable (DVB-C) - TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD

cyberlu

Portal Member
April 26, 2011
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
AW: First HTPC prodject

This System should be ok for your needs.
I don't know how the Hardware wil harmonize, but should be good. (had strangest issues with self made PC's and i'm working as an it-professional)
Usualy i check the compatibility list from the MB manufacturer.
If you haven't done this yet i would suggest you to do so. This helps to safe your nerves and time.

What about Bluray Movies and 1080p and higher resolution Movies?
I'm not sure the Core i3 Handles this over all without a seperate Graphiccard.
Some people are writing they have problems during the playback of x.264 (MP4) movies with the CPU integrated GPU.
There also comes the fact, you share your RAM with the GPU (Slows down but should not be the main problem with fast RAM)
BUT as you have one Single 4 GB RAM-Stick of DUAL-Channel RAM the performance will drop damaticaly!
Use DualRam ONLY on Dualsystems. that means always a PAIR of the same Sticks attached correctly to the Ram Slots (mostly blue and black marked: so you have to attach them both tho either the black or blue slots. read the MB Manual to detect the primary slots)

My Suggestion:
Check the Compatibility list from the Mainboard (i didn't check it for your system)
Use 2 Ram Sticks (must be the same)
Case and CPU are ok
buy a new CPU Cooler (Intel are normaly noisy)
PSU should be ok, im a fan of bequiet ;)
Cooler in the Case: i don't know how noisy they are. perhaps you have to replace them :D

I hope i helped you with my response

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom