Video Codec Type & Version: -
Audio Codec Type & Version: -
TV Card: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Optional Log: -
Optional References: -

Synopsis: See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {148BD52A-A2AB-11CE-B11F-00AA00530503} is either not valid or not registered.
at TaskScheduler.ScheduledTasks..ctor()
at MediaPortal.Configuration.TaskScheduler.GetTask(Int16[]& taskSettings, String& userAccount)
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.TVProgramGuide.LoadSettings()
at MediaPortal.Configuration.WizardForm.LoadSectionSettings()
at MediaPortal.Configuration.WizardForm.WizardForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This is the error message i receive.I installed only Net Framework 2.0.Same error.Try with Net Framework 1.0,1.1 e 2.0 nothing happens,same error.

What can i do?

Edit : I have an Acer 1502LMi

themirth

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
When you say 'first start' do you mean during initialisation or do you mean when you first start some plugin within mediaportal. You may want to check your mediaportal.log and post some of its contents as well as it looks like you've only posted the exception text.

I'm getting an 80040154 error as well although in a different place.

Hondy

January 18, 2006
with "first start" i mean when i installed the program and first click on the icon on the desktop i receive the error .I can't see anything only continue and quit,obviusly if i click continue nothing happens.
Here the screenshot

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I would advise checking the Mediaportal log file. Check in /team mediaportal/logs/ for a default install and post your findings here.

I would probably also consider remove and reinstalling MP and dotnet, but it sounds lkike you have already done this with dotnet.

Marcus.

Hondy

January 18, 2006
    the log file in C:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log say only : 19/01/2006 1.03.00 Create new wizard setup
    19/01/2006 1.03.06 found 0 tv cards
    19/01/2006 1.03.10 start application

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    that sucks :)

Have you tried reinstalling DotNet yet? Also, how about reinstalling Media Portal?

Is there anything in any of the other log files in that directory?

It does sound more like a dotnet error or a windows error than an MP one.

Hondy

January 18, 2006
    I try to install net framework version 1.1,net framework 1.1 SP1,net framework 2.0 and all combination (i.e. only 2.0,1.1+SP1,1.1+SP1+2.0 etc). Nothing happen :(

Edit : I notice that the minimum requirements is a vga card with al least 128MB.But i try to install in the desktop pc and i have the same error.I think that the problem is in the win lite version that i mount (i created with nlite a lite version) but i don't touch any important file (only garbage). :(

Kulan

January 21, 2006
    Same problem

I've got the same exact problem... :?
    Me and Hondy's setup share at least two things: a stripped XP installation and the Omega drivers.
    MP worked fine on the same hardware but with MCE 2005 as OS.
    But with this Stripped XP SP2 and Omega Drivers I can't get the BDA drivers to work for my FloppyDTV, hence MP can't find it.
    The drivers install fine, but if I look in the computer manager there's the hated yellow exclamation mark(this device can't start) :evil:

So I'm guessing it's either some service that's needed that's been erased in our strippped Windows's or the Omega drivers is messing with the BDA drivers for the TV capture card...

I've tried starting all available services in XP without success, I'll try changing GFX drivers to original Catalyst and see if that helps.

If anyone has any other ideas I'll really appreciate it, I'd really like to use a minimal XP, 'cause it starts in a fragment of the time it takes for a full XP SP2 installation to boot...

My specs:

MP Version: 02 RC2
    Windows Version: Win XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    Memory: 1024
    Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA
    Video Card: ATI 9800 PRO 128MB
    Video Card Driver: Omega Driver 3.8.205
    Video Card Resolution: 576*720

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hondy said:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {148BD52A-A2AB-11CE-B11F-00AA00530503} is either not valid or not registered.
    at TaskScheduler.ScheduledTasks..ctor()

148BD52A-A2AB-11CE-B11F-00AA00530503 is the GUID for the task scheduler service, is the "Task Scheduler" windows service installed or did you remove it using nLite?

Kulan

January 21, 2006
    :shock: Aw, crap, that's probably it. Can't believe I didn't check the GUID myself.

Do you know of a way to add the service post-install or do I have to make a new XP installation with task scheduler included?

BTW, Thanks for the tip, man
    :lol:

edit: NM, I found out how to do it: http://groups.google.se/group/micro...+task+scheduler&rnum=6&hl=sv#b4fcf9080f659166

Used a full XP Cd for the job.
    Now MP is up and running :lol:

THX again cheezey!

edit2: gah, I was too quick to celebrate :cry:
    MP starts up fine, but BDA drivers for FloppyDTV still won't work, so probably something else i amiss too. I'll try changing the GFX drivers, and if that doesn't help, I'm giving up and installing a standard XP SP2 installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom