Fix for no signal (cable:False) (1 Viewer)

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

I have having big problems with my recordings lately (I have analog cable), so I decided to investigate the problem.

There is a bug in the TvCardCollection constructor. It reads the serialized definition of a TV card, but it turns out that this definition is not complete. Two members are missing _isAnalogCable, _defaultCountryCode, so when this was read, the two missing memebers was set to false/0. Causing every recording to record static.

The fix for this is quite easy:

Add the following code to the constructor:
    SoapFormatter c = new SoapFormatter();
    ArrayList cards = (ArrayList)c.Deserialize(r);
    int i = 1;

foreach (TVCaptureDevice dev in cards)
    {
    // Must be done since _isAnalogCable, _defaultCountryCode is not made serializable!
    // In future; consider make them serializable and remove this.
    dev.ID = i++;
    dev.LoadDefinitions();

_tvcards.Add(dev);
    }
    r.Close();

Cheers

Mr Hipp

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a hauppauge MCE 500, but I guess the problem could be for any analog card.

By the way this part of the code reaaly needs to be rewritten after the 0.2 release.

Is isAnalogCable should be made serializable and defaultCountryCode should be moved out to another class.

Since I don't have developer access, I can't do it (I would be glad if it could be arranged :wink: )

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this sounds great! :)

Please try to contact the DEV team on IRC. It could be arranged, that you get access. (Frodo, Messi, DMAN). ;)

And yes, this also did affect my two PVR cards (150 + 350). The second one always had cable=false on recording.

Flip.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

A fix for this has been added to SVN. I've chosen to allow for serialization of _isAnalogCable and _defaultCountryCode instead. Please try next public SVN snapshot to see if this fixes it. You will need to re-add your tv card via setup. Also, make sure you set the Input Source to "Cable".

Let us know if things work out for you this way. Thx to Mr Hipp for pointing out the source of this bug. :D

Kind regards,
    Michel

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I just tested this by recorded 6 30 min shows... back to back. This will force it to use both tuners. Every single show recorded and everyone was cable:true. This seems to be working great for me. Thanks for your hard work Mr Hipp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom