[Rejected] - fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video...

Discussion in 'Archive' started by disaster123, December 5, 2010.

1. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

as some devs have already mentioned in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rc2-switching-hd-channels-fails-random-80840/ we propably won't see any real fix for that mantis entry.

But this is still a very annoying bug. So i want to provide a workaround.

You'll find it attached.

EDIT:
    Added a V2 version of the patch.
    Changes:
    - checks only for whole seconds (1s resolution) - this prevents from looping 2-3 times like the 1st patch does
    - added explanation to code
    - reformatted to meet the MP requirements of 2 spaces instead of 4

Stefan

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

an additional note - i use this piece of code since a few days and it is working nicely. When the issue happens your channel change is still longer than a normal channel change as the audiochange triggering is still happing about 2-3 times instead only once but MP doesn't freeze in an endless loop - which makes rtsp useable again.

4. regeszter
    • Premium Supporter

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,152 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Re: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

I suffer for this issue. Pls complie a version for 1.1.2 any I will test for you.

5. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

sorry i've no 1.1.2 anymore running i can compile a version for the actual SVN...

6. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

new version of patch attached

7. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

has anybody else than me tested this one? I really would like to have some feeback.

8. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Re: AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause

I checked the patch, it could be used as last resort since it is not curing the real issue but hiding it and most likely if user manages to seek twice in "good spot" then it could cause audio stream changing to fail when it would be required.

We are currently testing a TsReader side fix internally - it cures the same issue in single seat (it happens mch more rarely on the single seat). Let's see how that goes for RTSP, cannot promise anything yet.

9. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

> if user manages to seek twice in "good spot"
    what do you mean by that? I cannot imagine such a situation. What about doing a public testing regarding this issue?

10. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Re: AW: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause

Skipping up / down over a audio boundary could ignore the last audio type change - that could freeze the video if no audio stream that matches "the one before the final skip" is not available.

No one has tested it internally yet (and I have no access to mutliseat).

11. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Re: fix/workaround 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause vide

Here's the TsReader side patch. This fixes the similar issue for singleseat, but as I couldn't get anyone inside the team to check the mutiseat please test. It is highly likely that it wont fix the RTSP related issue (those are most likely having different root causes) but at least it is worth to try since it fixes a real issue in any case (seeking position could be less than asked and that could lead into a infinite loop of PAT / PMT changes).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!