[FIXED]anyone with successful internet radio install help me (1 Viewer)

arjay

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Coin, Spain
I am trying to setup internet radio following the guide in tips and tricks. I have a problem when following the guide and would appreciate some help from anyone who has successfully installed it. i posted in the thread at "Tips and Tricks" but no one has replied - perhaps I am not supposed to post in that thread??

Any way, the guide says:

To Setup a Internet Radio Stream:
Make an InternetRadio Directory, i.e. My Documents/My Music/Internet Radio.
Go to www.shoutcast.com, and pick your style of music.
Right Click on the Tune-In button and save the download file shortcut.
Save it in your InternetRadio Directory, renaming it accordingly, i.e. Jazz.pls.
Start MediaPortal, Goto: Tools, Options [F2], MyRadio.
Set the StreamList Folder to your InternetRadio Directory
No Off-Air Radio Stations need to be setup for this to function.
Close the Setup dialog boxes.

I have successfully followed all the steps up to Go to: Tools/Options [F2] MyRadio but have got stuck at this point, because I can't find "Tools/Options/Myradio in either MP or mediaportal setup. I see this thread is quite old - has this section been changed in a later version of MP, or am I just being thick?
I think my version of MP is 0200 RC4/

Thnx

RJ

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hallo
    Open the configuration and press one time on "radio" in the list, then you can browse and set the streams folder to the folder contining the playlist files.

EDIT: You can also add single streams in the radio section if you want
    press radio in the configuration 2 times and press add station, and then choose stream in the dropdown list.

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    mirk - thanks for the heads-up. Just what I needed. For a moment, I thought it wasn't going to work but I didn't realise that it is the websites themselves that often don't work - SKY FM is a good example - I couldn't get any of their sites to open. However, I got loads more and all seems to be fine.

Not sure what you mean by you edit - re adding single streams, but I'll look at that this evening.

Thanks again.

RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom