[FIXED] my music: update data base only updates 20 CDs A-D (1 Viewer)

arjay

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Coin, Spain
I have 100+ CDs in E:/My Music folder. Some were recorded when I was using MCE (wma files). Others were ripped as mp3 files. When I installed MP, I went into MP Config/Music and setup e:/My Music as the repository for my CDs.

When I updated the database, it listed only 20 CDs starting with letter A and ending letter D. There are still over 80 Cds in the folder but not listed in MP. I have tried adding a couple manually and they then appear in the MP list. Surely, though, I don't have to manually enter a new title and then browse to the E:/My music folder/named folder for every CD - for 80 CDs it will take me for ever :cry:

Can anyone help with how I get MP to automatically read and then list ALL the CDs in My Music?

TIA

RJ

BTW
1. there is no rhyme or reason to it. Some of the CDs that successfully got into MP's list were wma and some mp3. Not all available A-D's got in - just exactly 20 of them. All the other CDs seem to have exactly the same structure - similar folders etc.

2. I seem to remember quite some time ago I had the same problem with GBPVR but never got a solution there either.

arjay

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Coin, Spain
sorry not to have responded for a while. Hard disk crash didn't help!!

Anyway - I found how to fix this problem. Updating (or trying to update) the database from within MP setup made not the slightest bit of difference, whatever I tried - other than manually adding each CD by hand. With over 100 to do - sorry Jose, no way).

Then I discovered an update facility from within settings in MP itself and, BINGO, it worked first time. Now I have all 125 CDs nicely up and showing in MP.

No idea why this should work when MP setup wouldn't but that's the job of those with a lot more knowledge and/or time than I have. Wish i could help but don't have what it takes.

I am just relieved that it all works and I don't have to dump MP and gop back to GPVR.

Regards

RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom