[FIXED] No PMT received - TV Server BUG (1 Viewer)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows 2003 SP1
    CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo T5600 1830 MHz
    HDD: Samsung HD401LJ 400GB
    Memory: 2x512 MB DDR2 667MHz
    Motherboard: AOpen i945GTm-VHL
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel 945GT / Intel ICH7MDH
    Motherboard Bios: R1.05
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE
    Video Card Driver: Forceware 93.71
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC882D HD Audio (onBoard)
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out / optical out
    Sound Card Driver: R1.54
    1. TV Card: FireDTV BDA DVB-C (Floppy DTV)
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 15/02/2007, 4.7.0 BDA Driver
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: ISH tividi
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC11m silver
    Cooling: 120mm Papst 4412F/2GLL / passive
    Power Supply: mCubed EF16 160W
    Remote: Wii Remote
    TV: Panasonic TX-26LX50F
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Hi guys,

I'm quite at the end of a long road right now. I am trying to run MediaPortal for more than three months by now but I am still not able to make the TV engine run properly.

I already have setup the system like a dozen times. I tried many builds, drivers, firmware, etc...

I now have even bought another FireDTV Card and a new CAM-Module to ensure that they aren't the source of my problems.

I just installed the latest SVN of the MediaPortal TV server. After scanning channels I'm choosing random channels in "manual control" and press "start timeshift". Some channels work, some wont work. Even channels that are in the same programm-bouquet only work partially. (Error message is "No Video/Audo detected")
    So I can run for example RTL2 and VOX, but not RTL... Kabel1 works, but ProSieben ans Sat1 wont. I'm using the "ISH tividi" provider. The mentioned channels all are working in TV-engine2 by the way. I think that maybe TV-engine 3 has a problem by entering wrong PMT Data into the database ?

I, however am attaching logs of a working channel AND logs of a non working channel, maybe somebody can help me out of this neverending trouble :D

regards...

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    *update*

I just exported the channel-db and had a look at it. I noticed that the "PcrPid" on all channels that aren't working is "0"

example:

<channel Name="ProSieben" GrabEpg="True" IdChannel="385" IsRadio="False" IsTv="True" LastGrabTime="2000-1-1 0:0:0" SortOrder="105" TimesWatched="0" TotalTimeWatched="2000-1-1 0:0:0" VisibleInGuide="True" FreeToAir="False">
    <mappings>
    <map IdCard="5" IdChannel="385" IdChannelMap="291" />
    </mappings>
    <TuningDetails>
    <tune IdChannel="385" IdTuning="398" AudioPid="-1" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="0" ChannelType="2" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="False" Frequency="113000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" Modulation="-1" Name="ProSieben" NetworkId="9999" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="259" Polarisation="0" Provider="tividi" ServiceId="12103" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="6900" TransportId="1121" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="-1" VideoSource="0" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" />
    </TuningDetails>
    </channel>

The strange thing is that even if I change the "PcrPid" to the right value (533 for this example, which I took from an export of the working TV-engine 2) and then reimport the altered database it won't work though (yes I cleared the existing one before).

KvB

Portal Member
    March 10, 2007
    Could anyone tell me if this bug is fixed? It keeps me from using the tv server and it look awesome :)

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    MediaPortal Version: MP 0.2.2+svn
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: XP MCE SP2
    CPU Type: Intel 3Ghz
    HDD: Seagate 160 GB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Motherboard: Dell Dimension
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios: Dell A04
    Video Card: ATI X600
    Video Card Driver: Ati Catalyst 6.11
    Sound Card: internal SigmaTel
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.4823
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.2
    2. TV Card: Twinhan
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.2.3.8
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge pvr-350
    3. TV Card Type: analog
    3. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Ati MPEG Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 400/9150
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: FireDtV
    TV: Dell 2405FPW
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I posted the same problem here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/no_video_audio_some_dvb_c_channels-t13497.html?t=13497

I also have about 10% of channels that are detected with pcr=0, and I can not watch these channels.

I did change all my cables and have now 100% quality shown, but the problem of these channels stays the same and I have to use mytheatre to watch or record these channels.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After having a look at the system-specs of you guys I figured out that the only thing that we all have in common is our TV-Card (FireDTV DVB-C CI). Are you two also using a SmartCard to descramble your channels ?
    I'm just trying to refine the given information so that we might find a solution, or even Frodo himself might be able to help.
    I am however using a SmartCard (ISH Tividi Free Card on an AlphaCrypt Light 3.09 module) while all PcrPid="0" channels are scrambled. This isn't occuring on ALL scrambled channels, but every channel that produces an error IS a scrambled one.

KvB

Portal Member
    March 10, 2007
    I'm using an AlphaCrypt CAM with a smartcard. But in my case, all channels (scrambled or not) don't work.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    In my case, I have the problem with my firedtv and my twinhan. Doesn't matter on what card I scan and try to watch the channels. Always the same channels are affected.

One of the channels that is not working is a free/unscrambled channel, so I do not think it is related to the CAM.

To sum my problem up:

- About 90% of channels run fine.
    - On the others I allways get "no audio/video" detected and and in the database, they have pcrpid=0 (table tuningdetail). All the channels that have 0 under pcrpid don't work, the others work
    - It is happening with the twinhan and happening with the firedtv
    - one of the channels that doesn't work is free, the others are scrambled.
    - All channels work with mytheatre
    - The failed channels are distributed over diferent frequencies. Some channels with the same frequency as a failing channel work fine.
    - all the channels that fail are quam256, I have no failing channels with quam64, but this can be a coincidence, as I have more channels with quam256

I hope this helps to find the problem.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just have Qam256 Channels, KVB's log of a non working channel says that he is trying to tune into a Qam64 Channel so this seems to be a coincidence in fact.

Since we all use different TV-providers I have to assume that the only thing we have in common is our FireDTV TV-Card. I really wonder about this because Frodo uses a FireDTV card himself. I really would appreciate some help from him :-(

KvB

Portal Member
    March 10, 2007
    Yeah, I'd really like Frodo's help on this one too, since newer builds don't seem to help the problem either.

Sorry for this shameless bump :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom