FloppyDTV question (1 Viewer)

ssan

Portal Member
February 10, 2009
I am about to embark on the journey to building a perfect media center/pvr but some things are abit unclear to me:

I am planning on using 2 (or eventually maybe 3) FloppyDTV cards (have read mostly nice things about them) and my question is: How are the cards controlled by a remote control through MediaPortal? The case I plan on using is Zalman HD160 and it comes with a remote control. Can I use the Zalman remote to control the FloppyDTV cards or do I need to buy a FloppyDTV Extension Kit that includes a remote and use that?

I guess things like these are quite small in the end, but since I have never built a htpc I really want to get my facts straight before going any further.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Also using Zalman HD160 with itrans.

offtopic - how do I get the zalman cardreader to work in XP? Do I need separate drivers or is mine just not working?

ssan

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    are you shure your Zalman case has an imon`? mine has an irtrans display, anyway, working great----

No, probably irtrans... :p You wouldn't believe I'm working with computers for a living... Think I'm starting to get old. I don't even have the case yet - I've only planned on buying it for my htpc project and I remembered (wrongly) it had an imon...

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also using Zalman HD160 with itrans.

offtopic - how do I get the zalman cardreader to work in XP? Do I need separate drivers or is mine just not working?
    the drivers supplied with the case should do the job, but I can't remember exactly, because its already 2 years now that I setup the pc. I had no probs to set up the cardreader , though...

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am about to embark on the journey to building a perfect media center/pvr but some things are abit unclear to me:

I am planning on using 2 (or eventually maybe 3) FloppyDTV cards (have read mostly nice things about them) and my question is: How are the cards controlled by a remote control through MediaPortal? The case I plan on using is Zalman HD160 and it comes with a remote control. Can I use the Zalman remote to control the FloppyDTV cards or do I need to buy a FloppyDTV Extension Kit that includes a remote and use that?

I guess things like these are quite small in the end, but since I have never built a htpc I really want to get my facts straight before going any further.

Hello there,

My setup is quite similar to yours in terms of DVB cards and case. I have to DVB-C FloppyDTV cards and I control my HTPC with a Microsoft MCE remote. Work perfectly together.

Lorenzo

Users who are viewing this thread