floppydtv s2 crashing tvserver (1 Viewer)

bluebear

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Hi!

I´m writing to see if anyone more than me are experiencing crashes with this DVB card.
Thanks to gibmans tvsrerver test I have found that it is the firedtv that is causing this.
I have the latest firmware 1.5.2. I have tried all available driver. 4.5.6n. 5.6n and 5.7n with same result.
I pretty stumped. I works great until it dies and takes tvservice with it. I then have to restart as the card driver is at fault.

I have in the same setup tried with a KNC ONE DVB-S card and it is rock solid, comparably;)

So are your fire/floppydtv working as they should?

//bluebear

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

bluebear

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2008

BertTRP

Portal Member
    June 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I am experiencing exactely the same problem. In my case, most of the times, the whole system hangs. When it does not, i am forced to restart the system anyway as the FloppyDTV is irresponsive.

I also don't know how to produce logs for this, as the complete crash of system makes it impossible for MP to correctly save and close the log files.

Any development on your side? Is another DVB card the only solution??

Cheers.

bluebear

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2008
    Sry to say, but at the moment I´m using a KNC ONE DVB-S and not having these issues at all. I have removed the floppyDTV from my system as WAF is pretty, nay very, imortant;)

So my solution is not a solution. If I find the time I will tinker with it in a second machine because it works fine in dvbviewer, for now the KNC will suffice.
    And I might add that it is nearly rock solid at the moment running 1.2.0 Alpha.
    If I find anything I will post here.

BertTRP

Portal Member
    June 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thx for sharing!

If changing the DVB card is the price for a well functioning MeiaPortal, so be it. I'm neverhteless surprised as everybody seem to have a high opinion of the FloppyDTV.

I checked on the card you mention. Is it correct to say that it only supports DBV-S and no DVB-S2? Thus no HD tv?

Thank you again.

bluebear

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2008
    Yeah, this card is a SD only and priced accordingly. I have had good experience with the tevii s464, its a DVB-S2 card. Could be worth checking out. I´m waiting for the dual DVB-S2 cards to mature. The drivers seems very buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom