Codecs FLV (last codec needed) (1 Viewer)

PoulDK60

January 10, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
All, happy to have found Mediaportal and got it all up and running, without codecpacks(!), all except... flv.
I am really keen to avoid adding "stuff" that has proven to be the start of just another destructed pc
and what has kept me awake for too many nights is the installation of codec packs.
So after creating a complete fresh and clean install on XPSP3 (yep I am one of those oldies ;-)
I actually have everything up and running (mp4, mpeg, mov, iso, vob, jpg) but not flv.
The question for me is: with vlc and mpc-hc on my pc doing native flv, why cant MePo do the same?
Shouldnt a register of the flvsplitter from mpc-hc be enough? and add it to the internal mpc renderer?
I really do not want to install ffdshow; sofar the best alternative is setting vlc as player in stead of native MePo.
But... there should be an easier (more pragmatic) way... or am I seeking something that doesnt exist?
regards,
Poul.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The FLV splitter should be enough, assuming you have a codec for the actual content of the FLV. But it's not working?

PoulDK60

January 10, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got it, btw Spooky: thanks for reacting.
    For anyone interested (I spend another sleepless nite and day browsing/searching):
    The FLVsplitter.ax from the MPC-HC standalone filters selection (v1.5.2.3456) is faulty, eg: missing the registration details for FLV4
    I had to revert to a different splitter from SourceForge Guliverkli2 (v 1.0.0.5 20090428) that worked as it should.
    Must admit that i find it really confusing to see al those different versions and also multiple homepage sites for MPC
    Anyway, it gave me another steep learning curve dealing with Graphedit, Graphstudio and Gspot, pheww.
    For me its is proven: no codec packs needed ever, just dedicated decoders, some splitters and DirectShow ;-)
    Cheers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no codec packs needed ever, just dedicated decoders, some splitters and DirectShow

That's why the LAV filters are available from the MP extensions installer, no flapping around trying to get something that may or may not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom