follow the shortcut-s (lnk) (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    At the moment the MP cant play a movie if it is a shortcut. Pls support the shortcut function because it is usefull. Thx.

BillyGates

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd like to bump this as .LNK's are useful if you're trying to play a file that's in a fixed location (for example for a Torrent Download) and you want to keep seeding that file without moving it, and playing it from another directory. FYI, Windows Media Center can do this. :(

Thanks to all the devs for the great app!

NESBoy

November 11, 2007
    Another bump, this is one of the things that I miss compared to MCE as I have a couple of hundred gb's of series on sevral disks and to keep them all in one dir I have to use shortcuts/symlinks.

So, please, PLEASE, implement this or give me a hint on how to solve the problem using another method.

-Sincierly Klas

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am not sure, but as a workaround you might want to create a .pls-file. This works for IP-streams - perhaps also fo files? I'll give it a try....

EDIT: HTPC sold - "Try-out PC" has corrupted MP. You try yourself. See if .pls-files are listed in setup.

Use:
    Code:
    [playlist]
    numberofentries=1
    File1=
    Title1=
    Length1=-1
    save as [nameofmovie].pls

NESBoy

November 11, 2007
    Well that would probably work, but it is quite a hassle to do with 300+ files =(
    A way to do the same thing to folders would be more helpfull.
    But thanks anyway, worst case I'll have to do it your way.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Shortcut file support plugin

I read this post a couple of hours ago and thought this would be pretty easy to do in a plugin.

So here it is.

I've tested it and it worked... so give it a shot and see what you think.

I'll put the source code into the plugin svn as soon as my vista install is working again (that's where I do all my development work). Luckily I had an old C# install on my WinXP install and that's how I whipped this up.

Instructions are in the readme.txt in the attached zip file. Even without them I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Cheers,

BillyGates

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Wow! Sorry for the very late reply I lost touch with this thread and just stumbled upon it again and found your fix! Just tried it and it works great, thanks!

You're a great example of why MP and Open Source software are great!

Thanks!!!

BillyGates

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Actually I have one thing I'd like to mention. It seems when I launch videos that are .LNK with this Plugin they start in the Small Window in the bottom left... not Fullscreen like starting normal files does.

Is this just me with this plugin?

This brings up my other issue of not being able to get the small Window to fullscreen easily with the remote... (I know that's another thread but haven't figured that one out yet :) ).

Thanks again for the plugin! :) How it's working now is way better than before... just not quite 100% for me... yet! :) :D

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, yep that's a fair call ...

I'll see what I can do...

Should have something for you in about 10/15 minutes...

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread