Follw.it Support - Discussion & Feedback (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Series Beta
[imglink]http://trac.follw.it/chrome/site/logo-small.png[/imglink] Support

TV-Series now optionally integrates with the follw.it website, a social website built around sharing with your friends what shows and movies you are into. For Moving Pictures users, follw.it may be a familiar service as movie synchronization has been available through that plugin for a few months. Today we launch support for TV Shows in follw.it and TV-Series is the flagship client!

For those less familiar with the service, follw.it is simply a way for you to connect with your friends and family about the shows and movies you enjoy. You can follow what your friends are watching, share with people what you have seen lately, and get recommendation about stuff you may enjoy. Additionally follw.it will automatically synchronize your ratings and watched flags between multiple TV-Series installations.

Download

Feedback, questions, comments and suggestions are very welcome. And the people responsible for making this happen are ZealotSix, Inker, Gert, Technicolour, LFalk01, GShipley, DamienH, Fforde, and many more. If you see any of these folks around, be sure to tell them thanks!

Attachments

• tvcollection.png
    tvcollection.png
    721.5 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Follw.it Support - Discussion & Feedback

Hi.
    Thanks. I'll give it a try tonite. I'll prefer to have a single site for both, TV- Shows and Movies. If this works as expected it will be a big step forward imho.

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The only thing now missing is Moving Pictures supporting Trakt.tv. :p

Personaly I like trakt better because it has already a larger base of user comming from XBMC.
    But follw.it is quite a great and fast start... Will be interesting to follow the evolution in the next few months :)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First off all, great work :)

I only have one problem, not every episode I watched is synced correctly. The biggest problem is, sometimes it goes well and sometimes it fails.
    Is there a way how I can debug this and eventually provide you guys the correct information?

Msidney

Portal Member
    April 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Just a quick question will using both follwit and trakt at the same time cause any issues... i have yet to decide which to use so would like to run them side by side until i do.

Cheers

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    No, no issues, you can run them side-by-side.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Follw.it Support - Discussion & Feedback

Hello.
    I'll try this. I like it.

But it's still Beta. Some things didn't work the way they should. Mainly the syncing didn't work as expected. I now have a list of my TV Shows on follw.it, but no episodes are synced as "watched" in my profile. Also the syncing to follw.it has improved a lot since the start of this service, it is still a general problem for me and my really bad internet connection. I still haven't got all my movies on the list. (nine out of 759 are still missing online).

My suggestions for further improvements are:
    Add a line with "TV Shows Count", "Episodes Count" and "Episodes watched" near to the similar line for movies.
    Add "TV Show count" and "last Episode watched" to the badge.
    And most important to me, add a detailed list of episodes the user has, if someone clicks on a TV- Show poster from within a users collection.

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    just tried the new TV Series beta and found a bug on follw.it after the sync.
    See screenshot attached:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      119.8 KB

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    :oops: You were not awarded some achievements that you were supposed to get. I fixed it, and I'll investigate how it happened. Thanks.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First off all, great work :)

I only have one problem, not every episode I watched is synced correctly. The biggest problem is, sometimes it goes well and sometimes it fails.
    Is there a way how I can debug this and eventually provide you guys the correct information?

Ditto here too... I have raised it as an issue. BTW thanks for the quick fix on the acheivements, i was going to raise it but someone beat me to it!!!

Hello.
    I still haven't got all my movies on the list. (nine out of 759 are still missing online).

Yes... why is that? I have 20 or so missing from 1950, nothing i do seems to get them to sync. its weird...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom