Follw.it : why not keeping original / translated title ? (1 Viewer)

WhyMe

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hello,
why original / translated titles are not keeped when pushed to follw.it ?
Most of my MovingPictures titles are in French, on follw.it there are in english and dutch for some of them !

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi,

another user has reported the same problem. It should not happen, if there is data available for a movie in your language of choice, it should always show up as such.

We think its a cookie issue.
    Are you using IE by any chance?

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Follw.it : why not keeping original / translated title ?

IE powered yes :D

Strange : now some titles are correctly in french on follw.it, in english yesterday ; but covers are always english version

On this screenshot 'Moi, Moche et Méchant' is the correct title on the left, but on the right it's always 'Despicable Me'

Attachments

• follw.it.png
      follw.it.png
      49.9 KB

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yes, the underlying bug was fixed now, that it shows as english on the right still is a different bug.

Are you sure the movies you'r seeing english posters for have a french poster available?

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

What is the source used for posters ?

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have changed Last Watched, Most Watched, and Showcase to use the translated title.

Movie covers are uploaded by users. Despicable Me doesn't have a French cover, so you get english right now. If you were to upload a french cover, then you'd see that one. We may be able to tweak the API to accept more localized covers over the API from Moving Pictures. I'll talk with the team about it.

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

Yeah, it's a good idea.
    Because i've just uploaded some covers, it's fastidious ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures), there's a setting for ignored files you can try to disable. I'm using Mediaportal right now, so can't check exactly how it's worded. Emph
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures)...
    Guys, I could really use some suggestions on this one. I've a large film collection that I've recently transferred over to a new...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom