Font DPI setting affects Mediaportal Negatively. (1 Viewer)

rr69

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.1B
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: XP SP3 + all fixes
CPU Type: Core2Duo
HDD: 250GB
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel 667 Mhz
Motherboard: HP
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3650
Video Card Driver: Catalist latest
Sound Card: On board
1. TV Card: Floppy DTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB C
1. TV Card Driver: Latests
MPEG2 Video Codec: CCCP
MPEG2 Audio Codec: CCCP
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Rekam/CaiWay
HTPC Case: DC7800
Remote: Ati X10
TV: Samsung
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi All,

I have a separate Server setup which provides my clients of TV. I have a mediaportal client install on the above mentioned system. The native resolution of my TV = 1920x1080. The windows fontsize is too small to read from more than a meter away, so i changed the DPI setting to 150%.

(Desktop rightclick, properties, tab settings, advanced, DPI)

After a reboot everything is readable from over 2 meters away. (This is offcourse what i want: XP in native resolution, and a readable desktop)

Now i install Mediaportal and configure it. When i start it up for the first time, i noticed the font wont fit in the intended boxes anymore. (Too big).

The only thing i can do is reset the Windows DPI setting to 100% and empty the Cache folder. After a reboot the fontsize of mediaportal is ok. But i have to sit no further away than 50cm to use windows... That can't be right..

The same behaviour is also occuring with Vista an Windows 7. Has anybody got a solution for my problem??

Kind regards,

RR69

P.s,. I have found a workaround: clear cache, and start Mediaportal when the DPI setting is 100%, afterwards change the DPI setting to 150% and DON'T clear the cache.!!!! (I personally find this more a bug than a solution!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom