Force IMDb+: Switch existing themoviedb imports over to use IMDb+ (1 Viewer)

dietbutcher

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.3

Hi Rochess,

Here are the results:

Only Auto Approve from Primary Data Source = TRUE
I notice this says it will be overriden if the Auto Approval Rate is set to High or Reckless! My Auto Approval Rate is on "Reckless", which may be the issue?

Minimum Possible Match Threshold = 3

Data Provider Request Limit = 3

Based on that, I updated my Auto Approval Rate to Medium. I notice that many movies inside Moving Pictures have the Primary Source field empty. If I click refresh on them, it doesn't update to IMDB+ (just stays blank, even after restarting the Moving Pictures Config), but now if I Send them to the importer they now seem to come up with IMDB+ by default. Is the Fix you are working on going to update this scenario? I do have both Follow.it and Trakt setup, but I would rather keep my Imported Dates accurate versus deleting everything and re-scanning if possible.

Could this have anything to do with the NFO that Moving Pictures writes? Is it possibly trying to re-import things from that nfo and not getting to IMDB+ when refreshing?

Hi Rochess,

I wanted to show you a couple of screenshots with a bigger scope showing that IMDB+ is preferred in scraper source but after I delete movies and re-import as suggested, it still shows IMDB as the preferred auto match.

Scratching my head on that one.

Can you open MovPic config, goto "About" -> "Advanced Settings"

Tell me the settings you have under "Movie Importer" -> "Matching and Importing" for:

• Only Auto Approve from Primary Data Source
  • Minimum Possible Match Threshold
  • Data Provider Request Limit

I've done many tests with imdb.com default scraper below IMDb+ and it never got used. In worst case there would be no movie found at imdb.com, but then it would also skip the default scraper and go for TheMovieDb one.

You could indeed disable imdb.com default scraper and start over, but I like to get to the source of the problem as well, so help me figure it out please :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I notice this says it will be overriden if the Auto Approval Rate is set to High or Reckless! My Auto Approval Rate is on "Reckless", which may be the issue?

Ok, I totally forgot about the "Reckless" option for the slider. This does disable that only IMDb+ would have been used.

Based on that, I updated my Auto Approval Rate to Medium. I notice that many movies inside Moving Pictures have the Primary Source field empty.

Did you try opening up the IMDb+ Plugin again and using the "Force IMDb+..." option? But without a reference to the default IMDb scraper that the plugin is searching for to replace, this might still fail. So you'll have to wait for the new MPEI package which will contain the plugin version that looks for the IMDb tt-IDs instead.

I do have both Follow.it and Trakt setup, but I would rather keep my Imported Dates accurate versus deleting everything and re-scanning if possible.

We'll make sure the plugin will fix your type of scenario, as long as each movie has a tt1234567 entry for the imdb_id, then it should be no problem to fix it (barring any unforseen bugs/etc).

Could this have anything to do with the NFO that Moving Pictures writes? Is it possibly trying to re-import things from that nfo and not getting to IMDB+ when refreshing?

There are two types of NFO files, the simple NFO type with just the IMDb tt-ID inside of it to ensure a 100% quick match on a re-import, or the XBMC kind which will preserve any custom information and artwork added. The latter on import is controlled by the XBMC scraper, but because the IMDb+ plugin forces itself into first position that would normally not cause a problem.

The simple NFO only helps the IMDb+ scraper script to find a match faster, because it can skip the entire 'search' part and go straight for the movie, so that will only help. You can also add the IMDb tt-ID to the filename itself if you do not wanna get stuck with all those NFO files. MovingPictures has a great rename system for this as well, you just have to add ${movie.imdb_id} to the rename setup then, as default is only title+year.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007

Hi Rochess,

Thanks for your response. I tried using Force IMDB+ but it says it applies for 0 of the current database. I'll definitely wait for the new MPEI Package as all of the films seem to contain a valid IMDB tt-ID. So it looks like that should fix up everything.

Hopefully this helped someone else that may have had their auto approval settings on High or Reckless!

Thanks again!

Ok, I totally forgot about the "Reckless" option for the slider. This does disable that only IMDb+ would have been used.

Based on that, I updated my Auto Approval Rate to Medium. I notice that many movies inside Moving Pictures have the Primary Source field empty.

Did you try opening up the IMDb+ Plugin again and using the "Force IMDb+..." option? But without a reference to the default IMDb scraper that the plugin is searching for to replace, this might still fail. So you'll have to wait for the new MPEI package which will contain the plugin version that looks for the IMDb tt-IDs instead.

I do have both Follow.it and Trakt setup, but I would rather keep my Imported Dates accurate versus deleting everything and re-scanning if possible.

We'll make sure the plugin will fix your type of scenario, as long as each movie has a tt1234567 entry for the imdb_id, then it should be no problem to fix it (barring any unforseen bugs/etc).

There are two types of NFO files, the simple NFO type with just the IMDb tt-ID inside of it to ensure a 100% quick match on a re-import, or the XBMC kind which will preserve any custom information and artwork added. The latter on import is controlled by the XBMC scraper, but because the IMDb+ plugin forces itself into first position that would normally not cause a problem.

The simple NFO only helps the IMDb+ scraper script to find a match faster, because it can skip the entire 'search' part and go straight for the movie, so that will only help. You can also add the IMDb tt-ID to the filename itself if you do not wanna get stuck with all those NFO files. MovingPictures has a great rename system for this as well, you just have to add ${movie.imdb_id} to the rename setup then, as default is only title+year.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.7

Hi Rochess,

Thanks for the update, the Force IMDB+ worked perfectly on the outstanding 1300+ movies and I'm left with only 4 that don't have a valid IMDB ID. Is there any way IMDB+ could show which movies don't have a valid IMDB ID and can't be converted?

Thanks again!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.7

Hi Rochess,

Thanks for the update, the Force IMDB+ worked perfectly on the outstanding 1300+ movies and I'm left with only 4 that don't have a valid IMDB ID. Is there any way IMDB+ could show which movies don't have a valid IMDB ID and can't be converted?

Thanks again!

Will add that to the enhancement list.

In the meantime, if you use an SQLite tool such as "SQLite Expert Personal" it is fairly easy to find out which movies those 4 are. Open up your movingpictures.db3 file in the SQLite tool and open the "movie_info" table. Then scroll to the left to the "imdb_id" table and click the header once or twice, so that the empty/null ones sort to the top. This should then reveal the 4 movies you want to know about.

Or wait a few days/weeks for the enhancement. Got a lot of other things going on, so not sure when we can add that to it, but it might be a simple thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom