Force installation of TV-Server? (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
My MP1 installation (HTPC + TV-Server) got a little wobbly (items not working, plugins not uninstalling properly, etc...) I tried to uninstall MP, but it did want to. So I had to clean the directories manually and re-install MP. It worked like a charm... sort of. The instalation program went into the upgrade mode, but refuses to acknowledge that the TV-Server was already installed. So now I have a nicely-working MP1 with TV-series and Movie plugins correctly automatically added (so I didn't lose any info), but I cannot get MP to admit the TV-Server needs to be re-installed. And my only choice would be to do a "clean" install and lose my data.

Is there any way to force the installation program to install the TV Server?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Use something like 7-zip to unpack the main installer file e.g. 'MediaPortalSetup_1.20_Final.exe'.

Then open the 'MediaPortalSetup_1.20_Final' folder, then the 'deploy' folder. It should have 'package-tvengine.exe' (the TV-Server installer) and 'package-mediaportal.exe' (the MP Client installer) inside it.

Just run 'package-tvengine.exe' to re-install/overwrite TV-Server.

Note this method only does a basic (re-)install - it doesn't install any extra stuff like MySQL etc. which the main installer handles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom